Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to here and moving to Hunts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 7:42am
Does anyone have any coordiantes for some of the trails?  MGRS or Lat/ Lon
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 11:22am
No i dont but where is the house your looking at I live right behind
Grissom in Southeast HUntsville and am a Sophomore right now.

Thanks,
Kyle
kenair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 4:40am
It is on shadow wood drive.  Has a great view of green mountain and the valley below.
tjkrawler View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjkrawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2006 at 3:31pm
Huntsville High School... that's where you want your kids to go. And
that's the area to live in.
2004 Rubicon: Locked, Stretched, Widened, and Highlined on 37"s.
NOT4HWY View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT4HWY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 5:09pm
 I went to Huntsville High and I don't want to live in that district nor do I want my kids to go to school there. If you're going to give suggestions, state why you believe your statements. Test scores and percentage of students going on to a university are not the highest at HHS.
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 1:42am
Come on Steve, you didn't turn out that bad!~
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
NOT4HWY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT4HWY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 4:35am
I'll admit when I was a student-Huntsville high was probably the best public school around but my sister is a teacher and she shows me the county/madison schools scores and they are better right now. Steve
tjkrawler View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjkrawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 11:51am
I have my reasons as to why Huntsville High test scores aren't as high as
they should be for the majority of kids that go there but I'm not going to
say on a public forum. It wouldn't be politically correct.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 12:03pm
The biggest problem I know of at Huntsville High is drugs not necessarily
test scores, but if you want them you can pretty much find them at any
school.

Kyle
jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 12:10pm
get some of buckhorn, 2 final four appearences this year[sp] blue ribbon b.s.
http://www.myspace.com/jrhall1985
88` toyo truggy- 36in tsl,dual cases, 22re,detroits, 4.88s, chromo 30-splines longfeilds,beadlox,half doors, narrowed,dovetailed adn bobbed, hydroassist,
tjkrawler View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjkrawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 12:11pm
That's a bs reason. I hear that a lot from Grissom people. Grissom is
much worse about drugs.

I've never touched drugs, I don't drink, never have smoked, nothing.
Most of the 'druggies' at HHS are hippy posers. Only a few of them
actually get high with any regularity.

None of my good friends smoked pot... the other more hardcore drugs
are much more rare and hardly any of the kids do it.

About half of my close friends drank, most of them didn't do it that often,
but I would say most kids at the school did drink. No different than any
other HS, but I never have seen the point of it... especially if you actually
pay for it.
Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member
Have you seen my 9/16" socket?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2006 at 1:34am
Originally posted by tjkrawler tjkrawler wrote:

I have my reasons as to why Huntsville High test scores aren't as high as

I'll say it.  It's the zoning.  There are odd combinations of social and economic groups going to HHS.
06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited all torn apart.

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2006 at 1:38am

That's a bs reason. I hear that a lot from Grissom people. Grissom is
much worse about drugs.

I've never touched drugs, I don't drink, never have smoked, nothing.
Most of the 'druggies' at HHS are hippy posers. Only a few of them
actually get high with any regularity.

None of my good friends smoked pot... the other more hardcore drugs
are much more rare and hardly any of the kids do it.

About half of my close friends drank, most of them didn't do it that often,
but I would say most kids at the school did drink. No different than any
other HS, but I never have seen the point of it... especially if you actually
pay for it.

I went to Grissom.  Grissom has always had a reputation for drug abuse.  I hear about it from a lot of people.  I never experienced it when I was there and I ran with a lot of different crowds.  Pot was the biggest thing, but no more so than any other high school.  I think students at Grissom cultivate that reputation to "one-up" the other schools.

tjkrawler View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjkrawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2006 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Dalton Dalton wrote:

I have my reasons as to why Huntsville High test scores
aren't as high as

I'll say it.  It's the zoning.  There are odd combinations of social and
economic groups going to HHS.

You said it better than I could have.
cj8rckcrlr View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8rckcrlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 7:16pm

no matter what Highschool a kid goes to these days, he/she's gonna come across drugs/alcohol....i graduated from grissom, and yea, drugs are there...but its a small croud of Thug-wannabe white kids that have to be extra crazy to get respect from the black guys....and i also went to Randolph, which is a very very preppy private school, and i experienced just as much drugs there + some because all the kids had soo much money to buy more hardcore stuff...

I would reccommend Grissom area...there is a kickbut offroad trail about 3 minutes from the school, and there are alot of people at the school, so the kid would have alot of chances to meet alot of different people through the years....just my opinion...

-James

-scrambler on 1tons/krawlers--SOLD!!!
-99 XJ:longarm, hp44/9in 4.88s,detroits, 36s, chromos, superjoints--SOLD
97 TJ buggy in the works!!!!

ROCKET CITY OFFROAD
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 11:15am
Are you talking about the one off of sugar tree trail that runs along the
mountain behind Grissom. I live on Smoke Rise behind Grissom and ive
hiked that trail before.

Thanks,
Kyle
redwrangler97 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redwrangler97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by cj8rckcrlr cj8rckcrlr wrote:

no matter what Highschool a kid goes to these days, he/she's gonna come across drugs/alcohol....i graduated from grissom, and yea, drugs are there...but its a small croud of Thug-wannabe white kids that have to be extra crazy to get respect from the black guys....and i also went to Randolph, which is a very very preppy private school, and i experienced just as much drugs there + some because all the kids had soo much money to buy more hardcore stuff...

I would reccommend Grissom area...there is a kickbut offroad trail about 3 minutes from the school, and there are alot of people at the school, so the kid would have alot of chances to meet alot of different people through the years....just my opinion...

-James

James you hit the nail right on the head. ( I also agree with what you said Case). I'm a senior at Grissom and i have enjoyed all 4 years. It has been just as easy to find the right crowd to hang out with as it is to find the wrong one.

Rumor has it that the biggest problem at GHS is about to retire. James i dont know what year you graduated but I'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8rckcrlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 10:28am

Originally posted by redwrangler97 redwrangler97 wrote:

James you hit the nail right on the head. ( I also agree with what you said Case). I'm a senior at Grissom and i have enjoyed all 4 years. It has been just as easy to find the right crowd to hang out with as it is to find the wrong one.

Rumor has it that the biggest problem at GHS is about to retire. James i dont know what year you graduated but I'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

yea, no kidding..ha...i graduated in 2004...

and yes, i am talking about sugartree...awesome trail...and close...

ROCKET CITY OFFROAD
kenair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 5:03am
I will have to check out that trail as soon as I get there.  I did a walk through on our house this past Friday and can't wait for the move. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:25am
Send me a message on the board or give me a call at 658-2809 id like to
go with you if ive got something better than my Nissan.

Kyle
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8rckcrlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:00pm
im probly gonna go ride sugartree this weekend comin up...probly on sunday morning...around 10 or so...

ROCKET CITY OFFROAD
kenair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:32am

When I make my move I hope you guys don’t mind a YJ joining up with ya.  Seems to be a lot of Toy’s in your club.  My Little YJ may look funky around a lot of Toyotas.  I will try to keep up. 

Oh and BTW, I am retiring from the Army with 21 years of service mostly in Aviation and most recently simulation and accreditation.  If anyone knows of some jobs that I may fit I would be forever in your debt if you let me know about them.  Thanks in advance.

Ken

Edited by kenair
SushiMonster View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SushiMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:28pm

Ken where are you moving in from? What type miltec aircraft do you specialize in?

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 2:08am
There are plenty of guys out here who can help you find a job....you shouldn't have a problem with that.  As far as the club being all toyotas thats just a myth...we usually end up taking lots of pictures of them ebcause they are struggling to follow all the jeeps 

kenair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 4:04am
I am coming up from Rucker.  I am a helicopter pilot of course, IP/SP/IE UH-1H, OH-58, TH-67, CH-47PC.  Been an IP for about 12 years.  Lately I have been working in simulation helping to get 20 high fidelity simulators accredited.  Been working with civilian contractors as the military liaison and test director for about 9 months now and have held positions such as Airfield operations/ safety officer, Contract evaluation and quality assurance, Student Management for the Aviation Training Brigade, and numerous other duties along with flying. 
74chevystepside View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74chevystepside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 7:08am
my cousin is at fort rucker right now
KJ4DDC
2009 Red Rock 4 door JK. All stock
1994 Blueish YJ
3" body lift and 33's WOOT
SushiMonster View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SushiMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:18am
Ken, sent you a pm
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:59am
Originally posted by kenair kenair wrote:

I am coming up from Rucker.  I am a helicopter pilot of course, IP/SP/IE UH-1H, OH-58, TH-67, CH-47PC.  Been an IP for about 12 years.  Lately I have been working in simulation helping to get 20 high fidelity simulators accredited.  Been working with civilian contractors as the military liaison and test director for about 9 months now and have held positions such as Airfield operations/ safety officer, Contract evaluation and quality assurance, Student Management for the Aviation Training Brigade, and numerous other duties along with flying. 

Boeing would probably hire you in a heart beat, bunch of former military here, including a former alumni or yours who works with me.

Boeing currently shows 73 jobs open for external hire (i.e. outside company).  Here are the search results for Alabama:
  https://jobs.boeing.com/JobSeeker/JobSearchResults  (if link doesn't work, simple:  Boeing.com, follow the "Employment" and "Job Search" links.  Click on the "Location" attribute only and there you go.

Good luck.

Al

kenair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:23am
Thanks,  Hope to see you guys soon.
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:59am

Kenair,  I have an uncle or cousin, I'm actually not sure which, who was a helicopter pilot instructor in the Army for many years.  His name is Jim Hansen.  He was based at Fort Rucker in Alabama for years.  He served in Vietnam and was shot down a few times but survived all of them.  He ended up flying generals around toward the end of the conflict.  He was an instructor for years here in Alabama and is now retired.  Name ring a bell?

___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic