Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to join~

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to join~
    Posted: 25 February 2010 at 2:48am
Hello every one in Huntsville!  New here to the forums, to the city, and even the state!  I moved here last month for work and I need a new place to play.  As I understand there is a club ride this week end and if possible I may bother RL-RRC if I can attend before the first meeting I could get to.

RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 2:53am
Welcome and if you want to come out with us this weekend let me know I'll PM you the detailsThumbs Up
Ryan
96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member
Have you seen my 9/16" socket?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 3:03am
I've always liked that color... Good looking LJ.  
06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited all torn apart.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 3:12am
Welcome.  You should definitely try to make it.  Great group of people here to wheel with.
scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Lame Duck Past Pres, Fab Guy & Club Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 3:17am
Cool Jeep, that color is rare.  Have always liked it. 

Welcome.
76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 5:50am
Welcome. Go ahead and come to the ride cause you have to have two rides in before your voted in anyway. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 6:21am
Come on!
scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 12:25pm
Case, you need to hook the OP up with those sliders you aren't going to use.  Wink
76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
Alexia View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 5:30pm
I just have to remember to wake up that early and I will make it.
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 9:19pm
Welcome!
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Alexia View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 10:26am
It was good I left in the middle of the day.  My transfer case started making a noise at the hill that gave every one trouble and on the way out began to crunch.  Works fine in two wheel drive though.
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 12:18pm
crunchy transfer cases are not good.....
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 1:02pm
That sucks but at least it's not giving you problems in 2wd so you can still drive it.  Glad you could make it. 
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 1:37pm

Alexia,

Glad you made it out today. Had a good time wheeling with you. Crawl under an take a good look around the transfer case and skid plate. You could just have a bunch of mud and sticks jammed up in there.
96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 2:45pm
Could be that it wasn't fully engaged. Sometimes that linkage gets out of alignment.
76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
Alexia View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by RL-RRC RL-RRC wrote:

Alexia,

Glad you made it out today. Had a good time wheeling with you. Crawl under an take a good look around the transfer case and skid plate. You could just have a bunch of mud and sticks jammed up in there.

I will check that!

Originally posted by scoutman scoutman wrote:

Could be that it wasn't fully engaged. Sometimes that linkage gets out of alignment.

I just recently redid all of the linkage.  The loud whirring noise the transfer case makes has made it since I bought it.  Assuming it has just progressed into some thing worse.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 4:15am
Good to meet you Alex and enjoyed the trail day.  Sorry to hear about the t-case but hopefully it will be a minor fix.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 4:56am

Ditto on what SM said about the shift linkages, even though you recently readjusted them.  That funky TC shifter mechanism which is 1/2 tied to the body and 1/2 tied to the TC causes a lot of problems, especially if you have a body lift.

I would try disconecting the linkages completely and shift the TC manually by hand to make sure it is fully engaged.  Then drive it to see if the noise goes away.  If it doesn't, you need to pull the TC, slipt it open and see whats going on inside.  It could just be a bearing that needs replacing.  I assume that it is not jumping out of gear. 

If you end up needing a new TC, I have a used one for sale out of my 1998 TJ, 6-cyl, 5-spd.
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 5:25am

Might have been when you perched up nicely on that big boulder at the top of the wall. Wink

Alexia View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 8:19am
It was a body of glass cleaner rolling around under my seat on the bed liner!  It sounded just like grinding from the transfer case.  I do have Advance Adapter's transfer linkage bracket under there to get rid of the stupid body however.

Been outside working on installing the ARB compressor that arrived Friday.  ARB lockers and 4.88 gears go in some time in the coming weeks.  I need to find a shop that can do that for me.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 8:54am
Rocket City Offroad on Jordan Lane in Huntsville.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic