Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ligias Fork is a windrock option

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ligias Fork is a windrock option
    Posted: 10 September 2020 at 7:25pm
5901 New River Hwy, Briceville, TN 37710
   This place was a great place to camp. It was on the north side of the park but plenty of parking. Nice people. Firewood and ice for sale. 40 dollars per night.They recently added a bathroom with a shower. The sites are full hookup which is nice. Be prepared for a white knuckle towing experience. I suggest arriving in the daytime. The road leading to it is very steep switchbacks. During one I was flagged down and stopped coming up a hairpin corner. Two pickups did a head on. I was able to squeak by. Sucked driving it at night with a trailer and truck camper loaded up.

Windrock is straight up awesome! Although some of the roads do get very dusty. I was very happy with my jeep and the park. Huge doesn't even do it justice. I could have spent 2 weeks going out daily. I look forward to going back.
1988 YJ Wrangler
2020 Gladiator (wifes)
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 12:05pm
Yeah, I miss Windrock!
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Recon Recon wrote:

Windrock is straight up awesome! Although some of the roads do get very dusty. I was very happy with my jeep and the park. Huge doesn't even do it justice. I could have spent 2 weeks going out daily. I look forward to going back.

I plan to be at Dixie Run, will work tech inspection mornings of Fri and Sat.  Will be camping at the site, they offered campsites as part of registration for extra $15.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic