Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huntsville 4'th of July TEA Party

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huntsville 4'th of July TEA Party
    Posted: 26 April 2009 at 1:32pm
From Christie Carden christie.carden@yahoo.com
Time to get rolling on our BIGGER and BETTER July 4th "Huntsville Independence Day Tea Party"!!

What I am going to be doing next week is getting our permit. We are trying to get the Tea Party to be held at the Fairgrounds, which are close to Joe Davis Stadium. We have checked, and Joe Davis Stadium is having a July 4th game at 6:00 and they will have fireworks around 9 or 10. We want the Tea Party to start, with speakers again, from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm. We invite everyone to come out for barbeque (barbeque would be sold by a local caterer, it would not be offered for free, just so you know) at 7:00 and then stay afterward to watch the fireworks! Sound like a good idea? Hopefully, we can get a whole lot more of Huntsville to come out and join in on the fun with us, especially the fireworks. It will be a time of continuing to get the message of the Tea Parties across, but it will also be a time of honoring our troops and celebrating the birth of our great nation together.

Guys, we really need to not only network like crazy among like-minded people we know, we need to reach out to our COMMUNITY and try to get as many new people involved as we can... Let's try to get twice as many people out. 6,000. Or even 10,000. However, please wait until I announce that we have the permit for sure before you start inviting people to that location at that time.....We will start the permit process on Monday, and last time it took about a week and a half to go through. I will keep you updated.

This time we are going to have a few committees to help this big event execute as efficiently as possible. I'm listing the committees below. If you want to help with a committee, please contact the Head of the Committee to get involved.

1. Parking Committee -- Head of the Committee is Jim Bradford. Email Jim at bradford@hiwaay.net . This committee will not need to park cars individually, but will wave people in and direct them towards the parking that is available.

2. Stage & Sound Committee -- We DO need a Head for this committee. This committee will be working with a local sound company that has generously offered to contribute a sufficient PA system to our Tea Party, planning logistics, and making sure things run efficiently the day of. Please contact me if you are able to Head this committee!

3. Marketing Committee -- Head of the Committee is Vince Kreul. Email Vince at vkreul@gmail.com . We need to promote, promote, promote our event. We are also looking for someone with computer experience who can help us design a regular website that can send out mass emails (to over 650 contacts) and include a working Discussion Board, etc...

4. Treasurer -- Melissa Wilson. We do not need other people to join this committee, but we do need some help in getting our organization set up as a PAC or something that is able to take donations..... Email Melissa at melissa.wilson62@yahoo.com if you can help out with this and give us legal advise.

5. Legal Committee -- Head of the Committee is George Howard. Email George at georgehome@gigaparts.com . Basically, in this committee we want a group of attorneys standing by. We need attorneys who can help us financially and we would like to get some constitutional lawyers in here, in case anything comes up. Don't know how much we will use this committee, but we would at least like to have a list of lawyers we can contact if we do need help.

6. Research Committee -- Head of the Committee is James Williams. Email James at wiljam123@gmail.com . Don't know how much we will use this committee either, but we would like to get feedback from Alabama elected officials on the Tea Parties and various other issues. Basically any research that we would like to find out.

7. Concessions -- Head of the Committee is Kathryn Vernor. Email Kathryn at kathrynvernor@comcast.net . We do NOT know if this committee will actually be active. It depends on whether or not we are able to get a permit that allows food to be sold at the site. As soon as I find out, I will update you. If it does work, this committee will be working on finding a local caterer to sell barbeque and bottled water at the event, and making sure things run efficiently the day of.

8. Crowd Control -- Head of the Committee is Brien McWilliams. Email Brien at brienmcw@aol.com . This committee will be working with the Huntsville Police Dept to look for event disrupters or anti-protesters and ensure that the event runs safely and smoothly.

9. Tables Committee -- Head of the Committee is Jan Nolin. Email Jan at janolin@comcast.net . This committee will be in charge of setting up the tables we will have available at the event, for everyone to take part in, and making sure things run efficiently the day of. We will have Voter Registration, a Petition, a Contact List for people to receive updates, etc.

That's all for today, guys! Please contact the Head of the Committee you would like to help with!!

Edited by alabamatoy - 26 April 2009 at 1:33pm
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic