Forum Home Forum Home > General > Public and OHV Park Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hale Mtn Feb Jam - 7 Feb 2015 - Event Date: 07 February 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Hale Mtn Feb Jam - 7 Feb 2015
    Posted: 09 January 2015 at 4:26am
Ride Info

More info to follow.
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
mudslinger View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 1:38pm
hope to see a great turn out in support of the local park
1995 cherokee 4.0 6.5 inch lift,dana 30 and a 8.8 with 4.88 gears locked front and rear2001 Cherokee high 44 front, 9 inch rear.486 gear arb lockers 8.5 lift 4 speed atlas,long arm on 37 s
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 3:39am
Is anyone from RCRC going this weekend?
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 8:58am
Originally posted by hardbody1 hardbody1 wrote:

Is anyone from RCRC going this weekend?

Yes Kyle, several have said they plan to be there... 
Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 7:00am
I will be there with my GF Tambra.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 11:46pm
Yep, I'm going as well.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 7:27am
RCRC members and guests,
Jason, Brian (guest) and myself will be meeting at the McDonalds located on the north side of 72 at the intersection with Shields road,  just down the mountain, east of Huntsville @ 9am tomorrow. We will be in three Jeeps and will be monitoring CB channel 5. Anyone wishing to join us is welcome to meet us there and ride along with us to Hale Mt for Feb Jam. Hope to see you there and have a fun and safe weekend. Thx!
Eric Reid
Cell: 321-432-7552
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 7:50am
Perfect weather tomorrow.
SHoppe715 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHoppe715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 1:05pm
I'll be there. No CB but found my Motorola hand-held...I think it'll talk to CBs.

Also, will have 3 young'ns so probably can't help out with passing out forms and pens. Planning on just paying entrance and wheeling.

Cell: 757-469-9927. Steve

Edited by SHoppe715 - 06 February 2015 at 1:14pm
2006 Unlimited Rubicon / 3" lift / 33" Duratracs / Warn 9.5ti Winch / AEV TummyTucker / custom flex joint control arms and sway bar discos / 660 RTI on a 30 degree ramp.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by SHoppe715 SHoppe715 wrote:

I'll be there. No CB but found my Motorola hand-held...I think it'll talk to CBs.

Also, will have 3 young'ns so probably can't help out with passing out forms and pens. Planning on just paying entrance and wheeling.

Cell: 757-469-9927. Steve

Steve, you wanna meet up with us at McDonalds in the morning?  Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think there was something said at last nights' meeting about not having to help with registrations, etc?  I might be mistaken? 

Also, what does it cost for me, plus a passenger?  I'll have to stop and grab some cash....
SHoppe715 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHoppe715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 7:44pm
Yes, I'm planning on meeting at McD's.

The event page said $15 per person. Didn't say if there was an age thing for small kids so I'm just going to bring enough for the clan and if I have leftover yippee!!

Found out today my winch isn't working so I'm going to feel naked wheeling without that little insurance policy. My own dang fault for letting it go so long without at least running the cable out and back every so often....hopefully Warn will make good on that supposed lifetime warranty, assuming I can find a place that'll service it. Probably need to take it easy anyway because the Jeep's been on commuter duty for 5 years now so this'll pretty much be a shakedown run.
2006 Unlimited Rubicon / 3" lift / 33" Duratracs / Warn 9.5ti Winch / AEV TummyTucker / custom flex joint control arms and sway bar discos / 660 RTI on a 30 degree ramp.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 8:28pm
This will be my first time at Hale.  Not sure if $15 is for driver and passenger or $15 each, so I'm like you, I'll bring extra, to be on the safe side, lol!  I know Stoney Lonesome is like $10 for driver, $5 for pass., or something like that.  See yall in a little while!
SHoppe715 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHoppe715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 10:14am
Awesome ride. Great park and trails and super group of folks to go wheeling with. I cut out a bit early, but had an amazing time. Thanks!!
256chilipepper View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 256chilipepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by 98TJ 98TJ wrote:

It was absolutely perfect today, Brad. Saw several people break drive shafts on the waterfall, couple buggies rolled. Several trails rans. Just enough mud to warrant washing the jeep the week. Just an all around awesome day. 
98 TJ, 4cyl, 5 speed, 35s, locked and geared. Built, wheeled, and driven daily by a college kid.

Michael
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by 256chilipepper 256chilipepper wrote:

Originally posted by 98TJ 98TJ wrote:

It was absolutely perfect today, Brad. Saw several people break drive shafts on the waterfall, couple buggies rolled. Several trails rans. Just enough mud to warrant washing the jeep the week. Just an all around awesome day. 

Where were you at Michael?  There were 9 of us that stuck together for most of the day, then 4-5 near the end.  Just got home.  Gotta upload pics and vids I took.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 4:52am
Cole said they had a great turn out Saturday.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 5:02am

Our group started with five Jeeps that met at McDonalds that morning. When we got to the park we rendezvoused with Sam Vandergrift who had met some other Jeepers there plus a FJ Cruiser so we hit the trail with nine 4X4’s for the first set of trails, and then after lunch five of us Jeeps hit the Waterfall bypass. No major breakage reported, only the usual scratches, dings, and skid plate damage common to the rocky terrain at Hale Mtn. All in all an awesome day!

To the best of my recollection, below is the compiled list of RCRC members and visitors and/or their guests that were in our entourage…there was also another RCRC group out there with Don & company, we passed them coming down the trail while we were coming back to the pavillion for lunch.

Ben once told me that any time two or more RCRC members are present it counts as a club ride, so give a club ride credit to any of these eligible visitors below, please, dear membership coordinator. Thx!

P.S. Feel free to start posting some pics in the public trail pictures section of the forum folks J

Eric Reid/Tambra Hughes

Jason Maples/Zach Maples
Brian Strohman/Nathan Strohman
Matthew (Matt) Peters

Steve Hoppe? + 3 kiddos (Shoppe715)

Sam Vandergrift

Eric Reid

Viviendo la Jeep vida!

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) 
Mike_LaMar View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 5:10pm
Thanks for the trail report Eric!
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 4" Superlift Suspension, 37" Toyo MTs

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 256chilipepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Mirage775 Mirage775 wrote:

Where were you at Michael?  There were 9 of us that stuck together for most of the day, then 4-5 near the end.  Just got home.  Gotta upload pics and vids I took.

I was helping with registration in the morning. I was the college age looking student with a carhartt jacket handing out waivers to be signed. You might have seen my TJ in front of the store pulled out of the way.
 Most of the crowd died down after 11, so we made our way up to the top, ate lunch, then went over to the waterfall to watch 2 people break rear driveshafts. So after they were working on them we left, and David broke a drivers front axle shaft. We changed it, then made our way to the creek bed in the back side of the park. Just a ton of people there made it hard to get over to some of our favorite trails. Kevin had issues with the wiring for the CPS sensor melting against his engine. But he was still able to get home on it. After that it was around 4:45, so we went back to the bottom and packed up and went home. Stopped at El Monte for dinner like usual. Made it home fine. Still haven't bothered washing my TJ.

Talked about going back around late March or April to go camping for a few days. Hopes to get my Comanche running and drivable by then so I can take it.
98 TJ, 4cyl, 5 speed, 35s, locked and geared. Built, wheeled, and driven daily by a college kid.

Michael
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 11:44pm
Ah, I might've have seen you when we registered, but had no clue who you were, lol.  We all got there about 10ish, being my first time there, I may be wrong with the areas, but we went past the knuckleboom and off to the right, down some rocks, then, eventually getting to the creek bed.  Then, after some tough times coming back up from the creek, we made our way back to the top for lunch, then headed toward the waterfall.  We got back to the shop around 4:30 or so and just about everyone was loading up and headed home.  We stopped at Tim's Cajun Kitchen, ate, then we all left.  I dropped my brother off and got home about 8:30.  I'd like to go up there again.  I think my wife and I are going to Hawk Pride this weekend!
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 256chilipepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2015 at 2:44am
Yeah, you were in the right area. Lot of trails over there worth playing on. you missed most of the ones on the front side of the park. I do need to make it out to Hawk Pride again sometime soon, but with school and work wheeling time has become limited. Maybe after I graduate in August...

Michael
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2015 at 11:01am
Originally posted by 256chilipepper 256chilipepper wrote:

Yeah, you were in the right area. Lot of trails over there worth playing on. you missed most of the ones on the front side of the park. I do need to make it out to Hawk Pride again sometime soon, but with school and work wheeling time has become limited. Maybe after I graduate in August...

I want to go again and take my wife again, I think she'll have fun?  My little brother went with me last weekend and seemed to have a good time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic