Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jeep
    Posted: 16 April 2004 at 12:43am

is a 999 and a 727 trans the same thing...i just bought a jeep and it says its came with a 727.when i got there the guys like its a 999...i said something about it and he said its the same thing....any help with the answer..thanks..

Chris

~Mo~ View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Mo~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2004 at 2:01am

The 999 is basiclly same as 904 foud in the cjs, and some yjs. the 727 is my favorite of the bunch, it came in the waggys and j trucks. the only downside is the wide pan that sometimes causes driveshaft clearance problems.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2004 at 2:16am
so the 999 and the 727 are not the same trans?
rocawl View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2004 at 7:35am

not the same trans but same bolt pattern.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic