Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

n00b with an FJ80

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .bg. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: n00b with an FJ80
    Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:15am
I've had 97 LX450 for 3 years or so. Haven't gotten into much trouble with it, but I'm hoping to change that. In the midst of selling my m3 and consolidating down into a single car. Cry

To keep me sane, I'm hoping to do a bit to the truck instead and get back into some decent wheelin'. Currently, she's pretty stockish and has been dead reliable as my DD.

It's got a snorkel that the previous owner installed that doesn't match the otherwise mild look of the truck. As such, I keep the windows muddied up most of the time to avoid being identified as the parking lot queen. Shocked

It's also got factory lockers and a kaymar rear bumper. Other than it's just had the mudflaps and runningboards removed, a rear shelf put in, and some nice little dents and scrapes from the previous owner's attempts to rock crawl with it.

I'm hoping to meet a couple other guys with some stock-ish rigs that know of some places to do a bit of mild wheeling in the Huntsville area. If you're up for it, let me know!
Even if it's a couple little dinky trails. It'll likely be some time before my car sells and I get around to lifting the truck up etc...

50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 7:14am
Welcome to the forum. Thumbs Up
You are welcome to attend our club meeting tomorrow night at Newk's on University.  The meeting statrs at 7:00 PM, but get there at 6:00 PM if you plan on eating dinner.
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic