Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breaking the ice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -BeNt- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaking the ice
    Posted: 08 March 2010 at 2:17pm
Hey guys, I had gotten in touch with someone from this club about a year or so ago about joining and ended up simply not having the time. However now seems like a good time for me to finally get together with everyone and find out what's going on with this club.

I have read that you need to attend two trail rides and a meeting, maybe two, before voting takes place. Sounds good to me, however I have a question about all this, do I need to wait to come to a meeting before I meet up with you guys for a ride, or can I simply crash...er crawl the gate and show up at a ride? If I can come to a ride first, who do I need to speak with to get details on time, place, etc etc.

Looking forward to meeting you guys (I'm in Scottsboro) because I need some good people to wheel with and not the average trail idiots that I've been around. Thanks for answering my question guys.

Luke
50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 2:57pm
Welcome Luke!  Yes you can go on trail rides before you attend a meeting.  you just missed the last meeting it was last Thursday evening. We have a number of members that live in the Skyline area.
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
JGbronc View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGbronc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 3:44pm
Welcome, from another Jackson County guy! I'm in Hytop, north of Skyline. There are some great local trails and some excellent people to ride with in the club.  Hope to see you at a meeting or ride soon!
'99 4Runner Limited 4WD
'76 Bronco Explorer 4WD
'76 Bronco Sport 4WD
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by -BeNt- -BeNt- wrote:

Looking forward to meeting you guys (I'm in Scottsboro) because I need some good people to wheel with and not the average trail idiots that I've been around. Thanks for answering my question guys.

Luke

^ Hey.... it sounds like we've been around some of the same people. LOL

Welcome to RCRC. Thumbs Up

I was probably the first member from Jackson county to join this club and there have been quiet a few since. I have met a lot of great people and made a lot of friends through RCRC. We'd be glad to have another member of the jackson county sub- chapter. Wink

-Nick
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
-BeNt- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -BeNt- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:08pm
Awesome, great to know I've got people close by. I plan on making next months meeting. I didn't come to this months meeting because I'm still getting my Jeep "club ready". I just got my rear tow hooks mounted today and I still lack a CB, Fire Extinguisher, and First Aid Kit. I figured there was no point in asking or showing up till I'm ready.

I'll take a look at the calender on the front page in the next day or so and see when the first ride I can make is coming up. I really wanted to do the Stoney Lonesome club work day on the 20th. I take it this is a maintenance day for the OHV? I think Grey Rock is above my skill level right now, still trying to get to grips with the capabilities I can handle, but I think I'm ready.

I'm really interested in the Hale Mtn. ride easter weekend. These may be my first two rides if I can tag along, and maybe my first meeting right before the last ride.
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:41pm
Welcome! Stony Lonesome is a good place for a close to stock rig. Don't let the lack of a cb keep you from coming. They are nice to have but not a necessity. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic