Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

30 days till Chrylser sell off, GM bankrupt.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 30 days till Chrylser sell off, GM bankrupt.
    Posted: 31 March 2009 at 2:25am
It is a sad day in America, folks. Obama and Timmy Geithner can hand out trillions of dollars on Wall Street with no accountablilty, but gives on quarter to the auto industry. Bail out an bank and they will buy another one, or a brokerage like Merrill Lynch. GM's Wagner was put on the street to pave the way for bankruptcy, but none of the Wall Street crooks were fired. If you do some simple math, the job loss from loosing two fo the big three will cost the feds more in lost tax revenue than the cost of saving both Chrysler and GM. Thousands of Americans will loose their pensions and health care at a time in their lifes when there is nothing that they can do recover. Ask any Delta pilot what they think about bankruptcy and mergers and corporate acquisition. As promised, change is coming, but I don't think we are going to like what is coming with it.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:40am
That's a shame and I agree about the change.  We are definitely getting change as Obama promised but it's not where we need it.  My boss is a retired Delta pilot and he's had to rejoin the workforce after losing everything in his retirement.

I'm still hoping Jeep will jump out on it's own before they get dragged down with the others.  I think they have a strong enough following, R&D and facilities to be a smaller standalone automaker.
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:47am
Thread fit better in politics section IMO.

I agree, sad day. 
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 7:44am
It's likely that another automaker (foreign) will buy Jeep. It's the only reason Chrysler bought AMC in the early eighties. Let's hope it's not Renault again.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 8:01am
If I'm not mistaken, Renault/Nissan had an offer  last year but it was pulled off the table in October and there's been no interest from either side since so I think you're in the clear there.
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:20pm
well hopefully someone will buy jeep. alittle on the depressing side
Mike
bkubisht View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkubisht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 4:11am
I would laugh so hard if Toyota bought Jeep.
3RZ swapped 1985 Toyota 4Runner
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by bkubisht bkubisht wrote:

I would laugh so hard if Toyota bought Jeep.

I'd like it ! Well maybe.... I like yota and I like jeep so should be win win ?
Mike
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 11:33pm
GM and Chrysler will be bailed out by you and I.  You watch and see if Im not right on this.  Here's why I say they will be bailed out - because the Democratic party is a pwn of the UAW.  UAW cnnot let the big 3 go into Chap 11, because if they do, all the UAW retirement benefits which are the root of the problem will be renegotiated, and all those UAW members who retired at 75% pay and full bennies will be PISSED.  And UAW (and other unions) are part of the reason Barry Soetoro is now President of USA (That's the sumbiches real name, BTW) and without the union backing, he would not have won.

Watch.  You and I are gonna get screwed a lot worse before this thing rights itself.....if it ever does.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

GM and Chrysler will be bailed out by you and I.  You watch and see if Im not right on this.  Here's why I say they will be bailed out - because the Democratic party is a pwn of the UAW.  UAW cnnot let the big 3 go into Chap 11, because if they do, all the UAW retirement benefits which are the root of the problem will be renegotiated, and all those UAW members who retired at 75% pay and full bennies will be PISSED.  And UAW (and other unions) are part of the reason Barry Soetoro is now President of USA (That's the sumbiches real name, BTW) and without the union backing, he would not have won.

Watch.  You and I are gonna get screwed a lot worse before this thing rights itself.....if it ever does.

At least you have had a good run Doc.... I'm still young LOL
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic