Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another New Guy!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88FJ62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another New Guy!!!
    Posted: 09 March 2009 at 1:30pm

I just thought I would introduice myself. My name is Adam Overton I am from Cullman Alabama I am looking to get in a off road club. I got a 88 Land Cruiser sprug over, with a couple other goodies that I am finishing up now. All I like is putting the new shocks on, bolting the Ramsey 10,000 gear drive winch in, anti wrap bar, and bleeding the brakes, and deciding on the hyro steering or just the high steer. I am gonna try to make it to the next meeting if possible an would like to get in on some of the trail rides in the area. I live about 5 or 6 miles from Stoney Lonsome Park and about 1 or 2 miles from Wilorns trails. How can I post pictures of my rig????

Edited by 88FJ62 - 09 March 2009 at 1:33pm
$h!t Happens
50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 2:44pm
Welcome  Big smile
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 4:31pm
Welcome. I don't think the club has ever ridden at Wilborns. I know there's going to be a hillclimb competition there on April 4th so we might go down and make a weekend of it.

John
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 5:19pm
photobucket is probably the easiest way to post pics. Welcome man !
Mike
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 1:09am

Hi Adam...  My name is Lee Anna Wright and I'm the Membership Chairman for RCRC.  We would be glad to have you join us at any of our upcoming meeting, rides or events.  Our Calendar is posted on our website at http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/calendar/default.htm.  

Here is some general information about our club: http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/about_us.htm

Our monthly meeting is the first Thursday of each month at Oh Bryan's Family Steakhouse in Madison, the next one scheduled on 4/2/09.  The meeting starts at 7:00, but we all usually get there between 5:30-6:00 to eat.  At each meeting, we typically set up a ride or two for the month.  

Along with club rides, our club puts on the "King of the Hill" event annually.  Check http://www.koth4x4.com for some great pictures!

If I can answer any questions, please let me know....

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
Rubi35811 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubi35811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 2:12am
Originally posted by 83K10 83K10 wrote:

Welcome. I don't think the club has ever ridden at Wilborns. I know there's going to be a hillclimb competition there on April 4th so we might go down and make a weekend of it.

John
I enjoy Wilborns as a place for riding my atv and will continue to do so often, but... I'd be stretching it a lot to say there is anything but some dirt roads that you would be able to maneuver with a full size 4x4.  Most side Trails are too narrow and entire areas of the place would almost be inaccessible without an atv or dirtbike.  I may be camping down there the Hill climb weekend if you are interested in going to watch.
04 Rubicon, lotsa heavy stuff bolted all over it.
88FJ62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88FJ62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:40am
Yea I have been there severly times in my old jeep there are some tight places but always have fun it should be interesting in the land crusier though (if I ever get it finished)

Edited by 88FJ62 - 11 March 2009 at 10:40am
$h!t Happens
78CJChic View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78CJChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 12:05pm
Hello and welcome. I just wanted to update you to the new meeting location for April 2nd. We are meeting at Newk's on University Drive starting at 6 if you want to eat and the meeting is at 7. Right now we are trying different locations to try to find a better meeting location to accommodate our club's growing needs. 
88FJ62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88FJ62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:48pm
I might try to make it got a lot going on right now but I will try to make it    but I saw that being in the club requires you to have proof of insurance & vehicle registration, current tag is that a must being my rig is for off road use only???

Edited by 88FJ62 - 11 March 2009 at 1:51pm
$h!t Happens
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by 88FJ62 88FJ62 wrote:

I might try to make it got a lot going on right now but I will try to make it    but I saw that being in the club requires you to have proof of insurance & vehicle registration, current tag is that a must being my rig is for off road use only???

Aint asked me for mine. I dunno if it is strickly required or just for keeping the yahoos away
Mike
88FJ62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88FJ62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:57pm
sounds good I trailer my rig an dont really want anouther insurance payment it is bad enough now lol
$h!t Happens
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:59pm

sounds good I trailer my rig an dont really want anouther insurance payment it is bad enough now lol

I'd ask the leaders for sure but I'm new around here
Mike
88FJ62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88FJ62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 2:06pm

sure thing I have been thinking about getting in a club for a while now just cant make up my mindQuestion

$h!t Happens
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 2:09pm
I've been happy with everyone I've met so far. Lots of good nice people !
Mike
88FJ62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88FJ62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 2:15pm
yea most of all the people I have meet on a trail are the nicest people you could ever ask for only a few jerks but I guess they are a few in all sports
$h!t Happens
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 7:44am

A rig that never goes on the street doesnt have to meet that requirement.  I think we addressed this in the by-laws changes, and never updated the website to reflect it.Embarrassed  I'll look into it.....thanks for the poke to remind me....
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic