Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice meeting you folks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice meeting you folks!
    Posted: 16 November 2008 at 4:31pm
About the last meeting,

First off, I'm TERRIBLE with names.  No, really - I WILL get the trophy in this category, so don't even enter the race! lol  I had the silver Unlimited and was there with my little guy.  To "Mr. Ohio,"  dude - no disrespect meant - it is a love/hate relationship I have with the Buckeye state - I bought my first home there, and it was beautiful... but I loved the folks down here and I'm just more of a southern guy.  I discovered a great wheeling buddy up there, and am convinced I just "landed" in a place not too "fitting" for me.  It was in Blacklick - and I just had too many cool people down here and love my small hick-town.  Anyway, I write from an BEAUTIFUL leather red/black OSU chair - and I collect #7 jerseys - so I have a Buckeye players jersey... I even WORE it down here when I was jazzed about moving up there.  Anyway, I think I would have fit better in a hick part, not in a housing tract.  Anyway, I don't want you to think I'm some rude person that was snickering away.  IMO, ANY person from Ohio that wheels is cool - I was probably a few months away from finding a great group I would have loved hanging with.  Anyway, I'll still visit and wheel, and the trails off High Street gave me the most fun I had up there, and I only wish I found a buddy sooner. 

Next off, I REALLY want to apologize to one of the other "new guys" who came up, introduced himself... and I said "Hang on a minute!" 'cause I wanted to get my little guy a tee-shirt.  Anyway, when I came back you were headed out of the parking lot.... and I really apologize.  I would have stayed around and chatted and exchanged info for some trail rides, and I'm NOT a pile of garbage who just walks away from people.  I hope to get to chat with you at the next meeting.  I stuck around and talked with Shawn (sp?) and I think Herb or Bert?  See, I TOLD you I'm bad with names.  lol  

Lastly, if anyone wants to go check out any places up around the Falkville area - please let me know....  I know Bankhead is not some official "site" but I'm cool with the people up there, and I guess it's a "local perk" to go tooling around up there.  There's a hunt club up there, and it's where all the locals go doink around.  There are specific trails which are "obstacled" and so we respect those.  But a trash bag and litter-gathering is very respected.  Anyway, it's nothing major - just a great place to get completely lost if you don't have GPS units! lol 

Well, I'm rambling away, but I wanted to say a few things that sorta been buggin' on me.  And if anyone wants a spur-of-the moment day exploration trip, or anything - and just needs a second vehicle, please let me know.  I look forward to getting to know you folks, and REALLY look forward to helping out with the good causes ya'll are hooked up with.  I want to get involved with the search/rescue, and will probably be doing that here in Falkville, as well.  I hope to also bring some people who I know will fit in good with ya'll - and just hope they have the time to make it to some events.  Well, thanks for reading - and I hope to see ya soon!!
04 Unlimited... Daily Driven, Expedition Ready
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic