Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New offroader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSU Jonno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New offroader
    Posted: 28 June 2022 at 9:21am
Hey guys,

I recently took delivery of a '22 Ford Bronco and am looking to get into off-roading.  I pre-ordered back in 2020 and have been watching off-road videos on youtube (trail recon, the story till now, etc.) for the past two years and caught the bug!

I'm looking to keep it to easy-moderate trails since I'll be wheeling my daily driver.  I've been up to Stony Lonesome and Hawk Pride so far and looking to explore other trails.  I'm interested in attending one of your meetings, meeting some like-minded folks, and tagging along for a trail ride soon.

-Jonathan

Edited by LSU Jonno - 28 June 2022 at 9:24am
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 1:22pm
Johnathan, you are welcome to attend out next in-person club meeting at Boarhog Barbeque on Thursday 7 July.  Meeting starts at 630, but most of us get there before 6 to eat.  Its on the right about 2 miles past Taco Bell going east out of Huntsville on Hwy 72.  We are meeting out that way because the place we normally meet at has not gone back to normal hours yet.  Come on out, we will be happy to see you and your Bronco.

We are not doing a lot of riding now due to the heat.  Our next scheduled club ride is Saturday night 20 August.  Its a night ride in Paint Rock Valley with mostly easy/moderate trails.

Edited by 98TJ - 28 June 2022 at 1:27pm
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
gumataotaom View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumataotaom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 3:27pm
Ez/moderate cause it's  dark and you can't see everything:)
Jeep (not schoolbus) with scrapes underneath from following Toyotas
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 8:34pm
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 9:42pm
I get out more often, but I'm not sure if you'd be comfortable going thru some of the stuff I do as the brush will scratch the paint. My whole rig has bed liner on it. Anyways I post up on our facebook page when I do go out.

Edited by RL-RRC - 28 June 2022 at 9:46pm
96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

LSU Jonno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSU Jonno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 10:19pm
Hey guys, thanks.  I'll definitely try to make the meeting next week.

I've got a pretty big trail stripe already down the entire passenger side from Stony Lonesome...I bought it to go offroad, so that's going to happen.  I don't check facebook much but i'll try to watch the page.
stout22 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 7:46am
Good to see another Bronco owner interested in off-road. Mines a little older than yours and in need of some TLC. Hope to see you at a meeting.
stout22

76 Bronco

302, EFI, C4 Auto, 4.3 Atlas, 3.5" lift, 1" body, locked d44 and Locked 9"
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2022 at 9:00am
LSU Jonno, looks like we will not have an in-person meeting this month because Boarhog is closed this week.

If you would like to attend the online meeting, lmk and I will send you the log in info.
LSU Jonno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSU Jonno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2022 at 3:46pm
I think I’ll just wait until there is an in-person meeting. My men’s group get together for church is the same night. Was going to skip it for this but don’t want to skip it for an online meeting. I’ll try to meet you guys in august!
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2022 at 4:18pm
We will be back to in person meetings next month.  See you then.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic