Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What the hell is wrong with Bentley???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What the hell is wrong with Bentley???
    Posted: 26 February 2015 at 10:11am
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 11:21am
Well ain't that some bull.
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 2:33pm
As the Japanese say, 出る釘は打たれる

or, “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.”

Holtzclaw just felt the sting of Bentley's hammer.      
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 2:47pm
In my book its now Bentley -1Thumbs Down  Holtzclaw +1Thumbs Up

Bentley has gone and showed his true political colors that of a when convent conservative.
96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 3:55pm
Let's see who backs down first, Bentley who never needs another vote because he is 70 years old and is term limited out in 2018 or Holtzclaw who will be explaining why Madison won't get any state road money for the next 4 years.   
broncomike View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broncomike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 9:02am
Obentley!!
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 9:40am
Additional reading is showing it was the state DOT head, not Bentley.  I know they are tied in but it opens the game up a bit for me.
Michael Crandall
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 10:21am
Cooper is just a Bentley appointee and does what he is told if he wants to keep his job.
muddin'metal View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddin'metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 11:28am
I have to be real careful here, but I can assure you John Ccoper is not afraid of Gov. Bentley... Political allies maybe, but Cooper could wipe his ass with Bentley's money
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 7:56pm
Bentley appointed him and he can unappoint him just as quickly if he doesn't keep doing as he’s told.
broncomike View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broncomike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 2:46am
Maybe I wasn't paying attention don't remember hearing any thing about raising taxes before the election. Most appointees don't do what they think the boss wont like.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 3:03am
Originally posted by broncomike broncomike wrote:

Maybe I wasn't paying attention don't remember hearing any thing about raising taxes before the election.

Funny how that slips their minds during the election. What else would you expect from a Republican candidate who the AEA was backing?

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/10/robert_bentley_acknowledges_se.html

The worst I can remember was Fob James. He didn't mention raising a single tax during the campaign, but as soon as he won the election he raise every dang tax and fee he could; from added gas tax to raising the price for hunting and fishing licenses. What a sleezeball.
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 4:30am
I have written both Holtzclaw and Gov Bentley.  I thanked Holtzclaw and told Bentley that I thought he was full of crap.  Nice, though, I said it nicely.

BRC Life Member
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 5:19am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Nice, though, I said it nicely.

Holtzclaw would have accomplished more doing the same instead of calling out a 70 year old term limited governor who won by the largest vote margin of any Alabama republican governor and who also controls his state road money. Holtzclaw seems to be a naive rooky politician who hasn't learned to pick his battles.
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 7:00am
Originally posted by 98TJ 98TJ wrote:

Holtzclaw seems to be a naive rooky politician who hasn't learned to pick his battles.
  I dont disagree.  But just because you have a junior pol who is barking a bit louder than he might oughta be based on established practices doesnt make it OK to screw the general populace of a whole community whose taxes are paying down a LOT of the bills across the state.

On the other hand, maybe what Holtzclaw did is exactly what NEEDED to be done to bring Bentley et al back into line.

BRC Life Member
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 6:05am
When you grab a tiger by the tail you better have a plan for its teeth and claws...as a Marine, Holtzclaw should know that...Semper Fi.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 8:50am
That’s pretty much it. Nothing wrong with Holtzclaw being against new taxes or voting against them, but by very publically calling out a sitting term-limited second-term Governor of his own party by running a billboard; he just made an easy target of himself. Now he has two choices; continue on with his one-man suicide mission or try to figure out some way to crawdad out of the hole he has dug for himself. Meanwhile there are 34 more Alabama State Senators who would love to divvy up Madison’s state road construction money.
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 10:59am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

...the general populace of a whole community whose taxes are paying down a LOT of the bills across the state.

This is the truth.  I'm sure the Huntsville/Madison metro area contributes a sizeable chunk of tax money in this state.  It would be nice to know the percentage.
Michael Crandall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic