Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bipartisan Sportsman Act of 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bipartisan Sportsman Act of 2014
    Posted: 03 July 2014 at 5:20am
The following is quoted from the National Association For Gun Rights newsletter:

Senate Democrats this week are finally realizing that liberty-loving gun owners like you are about to give them a failing grade on the Second Amendment later this fall

So, like students the night before their essay is due, they're slapping together a bill aimed at fooling you into thinking they care about your right to keep and bear arms.

I hope you don't believe them.  The bill is far from what it's cracked up to be.

It's called the "Bipartisan Sportsman Act of 2014" (S. 2363).  

It's 54-pages long and made up of table scraps of minor hunting and fishing-related bills.

But, it has very little to do with protecting your Second Amendment rights.

S. 2363 could be voted on as early as this coming Monday.

In fact, Capitol Hill experts admit this is simply an attempt for vulnerable Senate Democrats like Kay Hagan (D-NC), Mark Pryor (D-AR), Mark Begich (D-AK) and Mary Landrieu (D-LA) to cast a token "pro-gun" vote so they can sell it to voters this fall.

Even some weak-kneed Republicans -- like Lamar Alexander (R-TN) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) -- are pushing it in hopes of getting a "pro-gun" sticker and a pat on the back.

Never mind the fact they just spent more than a whole year voting against and trashing your Second Amendment rights virtually every chance they got

I hope you aren't fooled.

This bill is simply too little too late.

Worse, this bill is loaded with pork for Obama and his radical left-wing friends.

I'm talking about a whole section dedicated for things like "habitat restoration" for "migratory birds" and other sections disguised as conservation.

There's even a section dealing with "polar bear conservation."

Another part of this bill includes expanded federal funding for shooting ranges.

But as we've seen so often, increased federal funding comes with increased federal regulation and oversight.

The bill also talks about federal land usage, but it does not talk about reducing the federal government's reign over your back yard or your favorite hunting grounds.

herndon, the very section of the bill that directs the Bureau of Land Management to open up federal land to hunting, fishing, and shooting purposes, goes on to say those activities get no priority.

In other words, "nevermind" it's not really binding.

This bill needs to be called out for what it really is . . .

. . . a cover vote.  Nothing more.

Now, there is one minor section of the bill that actually helps gun owners.

It's a section that limits the EPA from regulating ammunition under the Toxic Substances Control Act. 

This is an issue that needs fixing because Obama's EPA concocted the scheme to crack down on ammunition in the first place.

But at what cost?

If these U.S. Senators really cared about stopping the Obama administration's back-door attacks on gun owners, they would have acted on the multitude of other pro-gun proposals and bills that have been rotting away in committee over the last year.

*** How about the Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act?

This pro-gun bill would have put an end to the Obama administration's practice of denying gun rights to our veterans returning from war.  Over 175,000 of them have lost their rights so far without due process, and that number is likely to go up.

*** What about removing the "sporting purpose" test?

This pro-gun bill would have eliminated the so-called "sporting purpose" test which is being used to arbitrarily ban guns from import that Attorney General Eric Holder just doesn't like.  Senator Feinstein is trying to convince Holder and Obama to expand this sweeping gun ban without Congressional Authorization.

*** How about repealing the "Post Office Gun Ban"?

Right now there is a federal ban on carrying your concealed firearm in any post office.  Senator Rand Paul offered an amendment in committee to remove this restriction.  That sent Senators Begich, Pryor, Landrieu and others in to a frenzy to find a way to kill the amendment, which they did.

*** How about stopping Obama from cutting off financing for gun shops?

Right now Barack Obama is using the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to declare firearms manufacturers and dealers "high-risk" businesses.  All across the country gun dealers are facing serious consequences with their banks ranging from losing their credit card processing services to having their bank accounts shut down completely.

Senator Rand Paul has proposed legislation to fix this.

NONE of these crucial pro-gun reforms are included in their half-hearted bill.

Quite frankly, gun owners like you and I could write a much better gun bill standing on our heads

herndon, you and I both know that the Second Amendment is about more than just hunting.

While this bill leaves a lot to be desired, I'm also worried there may be a scheme in the works.

You see, just two weeks ago
Harry Reid said he wanted to have another vote on gun control in the Senate.

And in Washington, trick-plays are never outside of the realm of possibility.

If Harry Reid brings this bill up on Monday, they may have 
all of the anti-gun amendments we've been fighting against over the last two years waiting on stand by.

I'm talking about expanded background checks and universal gun registration

And I don't want to be caught off-gaurd.

Please take a moment to contact your U.S. Senators right now:

*** Sen. Jeff Sessions -- (202) 224-4124

*** Sen. Richard Shelby -- (202) 224-5744

Urge them to OPPOSE any anti-gun amendments to S. 2363.

Also, let them know this half-hearted attempt to appease gun owners is no substitute for real meaningful pro-gun reforms.

Please act today.

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic