Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Wind Farm on Sharp Mountain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78CJChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potential Wind Farm on Sharp Mountain
    Posted: 27 March 2014 at 4:45am
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/03/florida_energy_company_looking.html

I have mixed feelings about this. They are going to have to turn Killingsworth Cove trail into a smooth dirt road to make this happen.  
broncomike View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broncomike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 1:56pm
The wind mills are so much nicer to look at than trees.
Mike_LaMar View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by 78CJChic 78CJChic wrote:

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/03/florida_energy_company_looking.html

I have mixed feelings about this. They are going to have to turn Killingsworth Cove trail into a smooth dirt road to make this happen.  

Ultimately to have tractor trailers drive material to the sites it would probably be a gravel road. Also to facilitate service trucks in the long run.... I definitely agree that it ruins the aesthetics but the end game of green energy will be better for all of us.

Mike
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 4" Superlift Suspension, 37" Toyo MTs

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
NOT4HWY View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT4HWY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 5:12am
They could pick a better place to access the equipment once it is in place, what about above the Vulcan pit off springfield road? Or on redstone arsenal mountains?, Behind Martin luther elementary-chapman mt? They are picking a place of least resistance to objection-not the best place for the windmill.
Club member since 1992, Club President 1995-1999 Trail rig:S-Blazer,Rockwells,507 Caddy,T-400,203/205, Tow-rig: '23 F350 4x4
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by NOT4HWY NOT4HWY wrote:

They could pick a better place to access the equipment once it is in place, what about above the Vulcan pit off springfield road? Or on redstone arsenal mountains?, Behind Martin luther elementary-chapman mt? They are picking a place of least resistance to objection-not the best place for the windmill.

I agree Steve, Chapman, Monte Sano, & Green mountains already have a lot of access but the challenge of going through the NEPA process for those areas and resistance from stake holders would be much more difficult to overcome. Especially with the nature conservancy.

Mike

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 8:23am
Wind power where we all have nuke power, seem like a good way for even higher energy bills.
96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2014 at 12:16am
Originally posted by RL-RRC RL-RRC wrote:

Wind power where we all have nuke power, seem like a good way for even higher energy bills.
It is not the objective to actually DO something beneficial, the objective is to do something and call it beneficial.  Then sit back and count on the 'low information' voters (AKA 'useful idiots') to give credit for actually having done something beneficial. 
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2014 at 2:34am

Only intentions matter these days; outcome is irrelevant.

If you or I had built one of those 300’ tall eagle killers back before the tree hungers came to embrace them; we would have found ourselves in a federal penitentiary.

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2014 at 6:02am
Originally posted by mikeanddepsy mikeanddepsy wrote:

Especially with the nature conservancy.

If the TNC opposes the Bice, Sharp, Bingham windmills, they prolly wont happen.  TNC has a heeeeYUGE chunk of land there, something like 2200 acres donated by Horace Clemons.  Its my understanding that most of the sinks cove (Calloway Sinks?) between Sharp and Bingham is now TNC property. 

The windmills wont be put on the other locations because they would present eyesores to powerful people (except maybe the Weedin and Madkin Mtn sites on RSA).  The view out the massive picture window of the 10,000 sqft house might be degraded by such a visage.

If it matters, I have decided not to move forward with the windmill thing on my little slice o' heaven up there.  If they want to surround me with windmills, so be it.  I'll let them build me a road anyway.

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 1:32am

BRC Life Member
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 1:33am
Interesting article on wind energy here: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncarroll/2014/04/02/wind-blows-n1817542

Readers digest version, "It's All Just a Giant Scam"
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member
Have you seen my 9/16" socket?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 1:34am
so majestic!

06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited all torn apart.

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 1:57am

Was.

Edited by 98TJ - 02 April 2014 at 2:00am
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 2:55am
Eye sore or not the "greeniest" energy we have is hydro-electric then nuclear. If they want to improve on those I'm all for it. But untill we fine a solution for effecient power storage, wind and solar are pipe dreams. 
96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2014 at 12:13pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 10:22am
Impressive graphics, indeed....

BRC Life Member
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 2:16pm
South Point Wind Farm
Shirley and I went to that abandoned wind farm in Hawaii. Its located on the southern tip (South Point) of the most southern Hawaiian island (the Big Island). That place was creepy.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 12:59am
This keeps getting more interesting.  This landed in my inbox:
we need to just make everyone aware of this misuse of tax payer money, AS THE INFO. SAID THERE ARE 14000 ABANDONED WIND FARMS IN THE US. So, why do they keep building them, it’s a case of follow the money just like Solendra. They use the Green Energy term to get the misinformed on board and the real reason for building them is government kick backs which comes back through the back door in the politicians pocket/campaign funds. Wouldnt the mountain ridges of Al. look like a monstrosity with these things on every ridge. After they get their money and run them a few years they just walk away and leave this monster on the property, Can you imagine the size of the concrete base alone to mount these things, to expensive to tear down. Horace Clements, the large property owner on Sharp Mt. is for it, this guy is a misplaced liberal from California who is also running for a democratic senate seat in Al, again follow the money.
Al. is one of the few states with no wind turbine regulations at this time, that’s why the s.o.b's have converged on us to make a quick buck.  I say send them back to Fl. And Texas we don’t need their help.
 [name deleted]
Hollytree, AL

Interesting.

Edited by alabamatoy - 15 April 2014 at 1:58am

BRC Life Member
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 2:08am
Very interesting.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 4:56am
I have not verified all of this, but it certainly seems plausible.
Much emphasis and attention has been placed on noise, appearance, health effects, wildlife and other problems that the wind companies seem to have no problem discussing or debating. This is most likely by design. As long as the public is focused on these problems, the Real Problems go unnoticed. Corruption, Fraud, Deception and Financial Ruin for property owners near Wind Farms are the real issues they will not and are afraid to discuss. Because our State and Local Officials have failed to protect the citizens of Alabama and Cleburne County, we are now the target of this Corrupt Industry which will create financial burdens for many residents and eventually the state as a whole. This comes at a time when many residents have already suffered economically and financially. Legal fees, possible foreclosures and loss of property rights are just the beginning. A few days ago an actual “Wind Farm Neighbor Agreement” was posted to this sight.

https://www.google.com/#q=lempster+neighbor+agreement+wind+farm
(This is for adjoining property owners or property owners near the site)

This agreement, when signed will be recorded and attached to the property, in some cases forever. The property owner is actually signing over certain “Property Rights” of their property. If the property has a mortgage the owner may be in default of his Mortgage Agreement which could cause the lender to execute the Acceleration Clause in the mortgage. This means the lender could cancel the mortgage and demand payment in full. If the property owner is unable to pay, the property will go into Foreclosure. If the property does not have a mortgage and the owner tries to sell the property in the future, a lender may not be willing to make a loan on the property because of the restrictions placed on the property. If you are presented one of these agreements, seek legal advice from an attorney before you sign anything. You could lose your property. Because all residents may not be aware of this, Immediate Action Is Required by The State of Alabama To Protect The Residents Of The State.

Below for your information:
Note in the definition: “If all or part or an interest therein”

12 U.S. Code § 1701j–3 - Preemption of due-on-sale prohibitions
(a) Definitions
For the purpose of this section—
(1) the term “due-on-sale clause” means a contract provision which authorizes a lender, at its option, to declare due and payable sums secured by the lender’s security instrument if all or any part of the property, or an interest therein, securing the real property loan is sold or transferred without the lender’s prior written consent;

An acceleration clause —or acceleration covenant— in the law of contracts, is a term that fully matures the performance due from a party upon a breach of the contract. Such clauses are most prevalent in mortgages and similar contracts to purchase real estate in installments.

A sample acceleration clause reads like this:
In the event of default in the payment of any of the said installments or said interest when due as herein provided, time being of the essence hereof, the holder of this note may, without notice or demand, declare the entire principal sum then unpaid immediately due and payable.

What I have written here is only a small part of the corruption and problems residents will face as you will learn as you begin your research in these areas. It is very important to continue to research and educate ourselves on the Wind Farm Industry. Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media are extremely effective but, you have to remember everyone is not on these sites or have access to the internet. Use every means possible to get the message out. Tell everyone you see. At work, school, church, while shopping or anywhere you come into contact with people. Call and send emails to all the television and radio stations. Call or email newspapers. Call and email DAILY, every elected official including the Governor.

Become more informed on the Corruption of the Wind Energy Industry and see how other countries are also dealing with the problem by viewing these links:

http://blog.heartland.org/2013/10/the-great-american-wind-power-fraud/

http://falmouth.patch.com/groups/opinion/p/massachusetts-wind-turbine-corruption--health

http://www.goodhuewindtruth.com/LIFE_IN_A_WIND_FARM.html

http://www.cfact.org/2013/09/19/the-new-york-wind-farm-scam/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361316/250bn-wind-power-industry-greatest-scam-age.html

BRC Life Member
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Horace Clements, the large property owner on Sharp Mt. is for it, this guy is a misplaced liberal from California who is also running for a democratic senate seat in Al, again follow the money.

^ If this scumbag is for it, then it can't be good. I have no use for Horace Clemmons. I'm embarrassed that my county once elected this slimy weasel to the county commission. I hope they learned from their mistake.
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 1:05am

BRC Life Member
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:27am
"In 2009, 22,000 wind turbines were in operation, representing 25 gigawatts (GW) of installed capacity, a fraction of the 300GW of production capacity needed to meet the 2030 federal goal of 20 percent of U.S. electrical generation coming from renewable energy."

From the link above, they want 12 times the number of wind turbines they had in 2009. That is a lot of dang windmills!

I was talking to a friend at work yesterday. We used to travel to the Columbia River Gorge quite often for a project we worked on. I haven't been out there for years, but she just came back from there. She said there is now 100's of the 300' tall windmills along the river on the Washington State side. There area was loaded with osprey's and bald eagles. I can only imagine how many of those birds have been killed by the new windmills.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2014 at 5:00pm
The hunt is on boys! Bald eagles, golden eagles, peregrine falcons, even whooping cranes I reckon.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-nix-eagle-penalties-california-wind-farm-n142151
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic