Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Public and OHV Park Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Important Message  from John Glass - owner of GAP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Important Message from John Glass - owner of GAP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Important Message from John Glass - owner of GAP
    Posted: 02 June 2013 at 1:52pm

Great American Park

Riders, Racers, Crawlers, Mud Riders and Spectators,

This message is to all who have made the Great American Park a great success throughout the last three years.  There has been so many great moments of fun and recreation.  We have all experienced the thrill of seeing, hearing, and even feeling mud trucks powering through the mud with blasting horsepower and awesome mud tires.  We have even seen the rookies force their stock vehicles in the mud.  I hope no one's Mama found out where they had been! UTVs and 4 wheelers have rolled through the park with fancy colors and sporty wheels.  They have played so hard in the pits and on the trails that the only color visible in the mud was the whites of their eyes.

Then the exciting part that even runs a thrill up a spectators spine - to see a rock rig maximize it's ability throttling up "Marc's Wall".  And my favorite was when "Andretti Hill" was conquered for the first time.  Foremost is to see the "Ledge of Faith" surrounded by spectators on their tip toes watching those rigs smoke'n rubber on the face of the Ledge.  We can go on and on about more exciting moments in the Park.  Don't forget those great ECORS races year after year and then the Auburn University ROTC Amphibious Mud Runs. Also the addition this year of, "WEROCK" Dirt Riot racing.

The park was constructed to meet the needs of all the offroad riders. I have received great advice from all types of riders about what they like and dislike.  I thank all who have played a part in creating the stuff at the park.  It deeply breaks my heart to announce this next message. The Great American Park will be positioned for sale after this year's "Rockfest" event.  This will be the last event controlled  by the current staff of the Park.  I will be moving to a new work location that is not convenient for me to continue to operate the park.  I hope that everyone has had a memorable experience at the GAP.  If you have not been to the park,  then maybe you will be able to make this year's grand finale at "ROCKFEST"

Change font color so it was more readable...

Edited by alabamatoy - 03 June 2013 at 12:48am
'85 Toyota 4Runner

'00 Suburban 2500

'07 Toyota Tacoma Crewcab TRD

'02 Lexus IS300

'91 Allegro 31' Class A
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic