Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magichelmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings
    Posted: 06 December 2012 at 4:41pm
My name is Ray and I was the visitor tonight at the meeting.   It was nice meeting and chatting with those of you who I had a chance to.   I look forward to getting out and learning what I can do.   
88 Toyota 4x4
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 1:01am
Thanks for joining us tonight Ray.  Hope you're able to ride with us soon.  In the meantime, if you have any questions about the club, please let me know.

LA
Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 1:27am
I like the forum  name.  Is that a reference to the Elmer Fudd grammy cartoon "What's Opera, Doc?", where he sings about his "spear and magic helmet"?  I hope Im not totally off in left field....
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
Doc Savage View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 3:24am
Kill the Wabbit..... Kill the Wabbit! ;)

Robert
Past President, Rocket City Rock Crawlers
Past President, Madison County CERT Association
magichelmt View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magichelmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 3:31am
That is exactly the base for my name.   Not allot of people pick up on that.   I was in college and there was beer involved.   Someone put the empty 12 pack case on my head and I was drunk at a big party.   I yelled out I had my beer and magic helmet!   Needless to say that was branded on me from then on.   It is pretty safe bet if you see that name on a forum it is me.   
88 Toyota 4x4
stout22 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 7:02am
Welcome, glad you were able to make to the meeting last night.
stout22

76 Bronco

302, EFI, C4 Auto, 4.3 Atlas, 3.5" lift, 1" body, locked d44 and Locked 9"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 12:37pm
Glad you could join us.  Hope to see you on the trails soon.
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 3:12pm
Welcome. Just fair warning, going trail riding will start down that slippery slop of vehicle modifications that may never stop. Some of have been that this for decades. 
magichelmt View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magichelmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 3:41pm
I am itching to get out and try.   I need to pick up some basics like a first aid kit, fire ext., & install my CB.   I have a recovery strap, factory tow hooks, & random tools.   I asked my wife (a nurse) to find me a first aid kit that was decent.   I don't have a clue what is really needed and what just sounds good.   Is a generic A,B,C fire extinguisher acceptable?   I am trying to remember what else you guys had on the list I misplaced.   I hope to have it all together for the next easy ride you guys do.   We are going out of town the end of the week, but then we will be back for the end of the world.   Thanks.
88 Toyota 4x4
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 4:28am
Ray, It was good to meet you Thursday night! Love the username! LOL! As to the fire extinguisher, a 2.5lbs or 5lbs ABC extinguisher, mounted where you can easily get to it is what you'll want. I recommend a 5lbs, as it's better to have too much than not enough. As for the fist aid kit, it'll be cheaper to put one together yourself (you can google it and come up with some good inventory suggestions). If you want to purchase a premade kit, Benjamin at Extreme Rock Rigs (he's a club member) had some for sale a while back. His website is http://www.extremerocrigs.com/ . You can also drop him a PM, his username on this forum is XRR.

~Sean
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic