Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum4food Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newby
    Posted: 26 August 2012 at 4:07pm

Hello All,

My name is Dave and I’ve been touring your web site for several months and even started several threads. As far as four wheelin goes I’m definitely a newby. I traded an 04 Jeep TJ for a 06 Dodge Ram 2500 crew cab 4x4, six speed, Cummins which serves as my daily driver and I have a Jeep CJ-5 which currently resides in my garage. It’s in fair condition, mechanically strong but needs work on the steering to make it safe. So I plan on trailering or towing this with the Dodge to 4x4 locations in the future.

My wife, Shirley and I both work for TVA at Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant in the radiation protection department. Our kids are grown and have moved out but are still in the area so we’re looking for outdoor adventure and secluded areas to camp or site see that’s not too aggressive. I work a rotating shift so it may be a month or two until my schedule allows us to attend a meeting assuming there still held on the first Thursday of every month??

My main hobbies are golf and guns and I’m looking forward to adding 4 wheelin as another outdoor activity. “drum4food” user name comes from my indoor activity as I’ve been playing drums since I was 12 yrs old. My son, Steven, is the drummer for the band “Alabama Shakes” for which we’re very proud parents. Be sure to check em out on YouTube or visit their web site at www.alabamshakes.com.

I’d like to find out when your next event is scheduled so if my schedule allows, could attend.

Sincerely,

Dave

iffn ya need air, rope or wangs ta git ta whur yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 2:30am

Hi Dave, and thanks for your interest in RCRC.  My name is Lee Anna Wright and I'm the membership chairman for our club. 

Our club meets on the first Thursday of each month (next meeting Sept. 6th) at Newk’s on University Drive in Huntsville.  We eat around 6pm (optional) and the meeting starts at 7pm.  Our meetings typically consist of a few business items, discussions about rides we took during the last month, rides and activities scheduled in the upcoming months, volunteer opportunities we may want to participate in, then maybe a few misc. items.  Afterwards, members usually gather around vehicles in the parking lot to look over new upgrades/purchases or discuss options for pending upgrades.  We would love to have you and your wife join us whenever you can.  In the meantime, this is the link to info about our club. http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/about_us.htm

If I can answer any questions for you, please let me know.

And thanks again for your interest in RCRC. 

Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:46am
Hi Dave.
Welcome.
Hope to see you tomorrow night for our monthly meeting.

By the way, since you have a connection to the band Alabama Shakes....It does! Alabama Shakes
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic