Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Public and OHV Park Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hollytree Off-Road Grand Opening - Event Date: 07 July 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Hollytree Off-Road Grand Opening
    Posted: 18 June 2012 at 3:19pm
Please join us at Hollytree Off-Road for our Grand Opening Event July 7, 2012.  Starting at 9am, and then live music at dark.
Activities include: Rock Crawling, Trail Riding, Mud Pits, Whoop Section, Camping and more
Concessions will be available.
Please visit our website at http://hollytreeoffroad.com/HollytreeOffRoad/Welcome.html for more information and directions.
All suggestions to make courses better are well received.  We want everyone to have a good time.

*Moderator Edit To Corect Link*

Edited by cj8lvr - 19 June 2012 at 2:50am
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

Where the rocks are steeper, and the mud is deeper

yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 1:11am
http://hollytreeoffroad.com/HollytreeOffRoad/Welcome.html

Edited by yotabj - 19 June 2012 at 1:12am
84 Truggy,39.5 Rockers,MRW BL,Dual ultimate crawler,30 spline Longs,114 wb,Stretched front 4.5",,22re,5.29's.."BLUETOY's HERO"
Hollytree Off-Road View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 1:23am
Forgot to mention.  Any pictures or video taken at hollytree Off-Road can be mailed to russ@hollytreeoffroad.com and we would love to post them on our website, facebook and this site. We look forward to making the kind of park everyone wants.
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 2:03am
After the grand opening weekend, will y'all be open every weekend or selected weekends?
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 2:13am
Hollytree Off-Road will be open every weekend.
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

highspeed View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:33am
Ooooooo

I think I may try to come out for this.
01 XJ- long arm, locked, armored , winched
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Hollytree Off-Road Hollytree Off-Road wrote:

Hollytree Off-Road will be open every weekend.

I would reccomend being closed on the weekends that Hale Mtn is open. Due to the close proximity of the two parks there is no way both places will have enough business to be open on the same days. Also, I personally don't think there is enough business for any park in this area to be open every weekend. There is just not enough people who ride every weekend.

I think everyone welcomes a new place to ride, and it will be nice to have an option to ride nearby on any given weekend. BUT....I think you will get farther by cooperating with the crew at Hale mtn than by competing with them. Mrs. Peggy and the crew at Hale are well established and loved by the offroad community. I think it would be good for your park if you could coordinate with them.

Not trying to tell you how to operate. I just wanted to give you a heads up because everyone I have talked to feels the same way. The offroad community is a tight nit group.  Word travels fast whether good or bad.

Looking forward to the grand opening. Wink

Edited by bluetoy - 21 June 2012 at 2:58pm
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:08pm
I will definitely take everything you said into  very serious consideration. Ermm We are not here to take business from anyone so you make a great point and we really appreciate it and will work on this.
Thank you

Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

MACHEN4X4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACHEN4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:27pm
can you clarify this rule, my rig (4x4) truck and alot more cannot be insured, is this a must at your park.
We recommend that SUV/4x4’s be insured. We suggest you abide by what YOUR State law is regarding ATV registration. We are not a law enforcement agency
thanks
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:27pm
Thanks. I know that you are not purposely trying to compete with anyone. I just think it would be better for everyone if both parks were not open at the same time. Doesn't make sense for either place to be open and sit there all day just to have nobody show up.

Like I said, this was a big concern among people I have talked to and I felt you should know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:35pm
hummmm... what can I say...We certainly are not going to ask to see insurance.  The only thing we need is ID when signing the waivers.  Over time, I'm sure you will see that rules page...shrink.
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

MACHEN4X4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACHEN4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:55pm
sounds good look forward to a good ride.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 12:29pm
Put a couple of pictures up on the website so you can see the beautiful landscape at Hollytree OffRoad.  Once park is open, I will have action shots and video.
www.hollytreeoffroad.com
twitter@offroadruss
facebook/hollytreeoffroad
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

highspeed View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 1:11pm
Looks promising! Can't wait
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 3:05pm
Do ya'll have a lot of trails cut already ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 3:38pm
Yes, trails are cut. Still working on the mapping though to post.

Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 12:31pm
Forgot to mention: Saturday night at dark will be entertainment.
Also, Swap & Sell: Sellers of Off-Road Merchandise welcome.

Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

mudslinger View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 3:05pm
but dang no night riding  when its cool
1995 cherokee 4.0 6.5 inch lift,dana 30 and a 8.8 with 4.88 gears locked front and rear2001 Cherokee high 44 front, 9 inch rear.486 gear arb lockers 8.5 lift 4 speed atlas,long arm on 37 s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 8:32am
Hollytree Off-Road is looking for a couple of Rock Crawlers to come out this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and test out the trails we have and maybe recommend and cut some new trails before the park opens July 7, 2012.  We have seen ya'll ride on Bigham and know your stuff and we want YOUR recommendations so everyone will be pleased with the trails.  If interested, please throw me an email.  russ@hollytreeoffroad.com
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

highspeed View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 2:32am
I went out yesterday. Had a great time.

I am definitely ready for a map, I got lost a few times. You guys have a great piece of property there, it just needs some development. I love Paint Rock Valley also.........beautiful location.

All in all, it was a great time and its always fun to explore a new trail. I hope to be out there many times in the future.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 3:20am
Thank you for coming out.  We know we have a ton of work to do on the property.  We are taking everyones suggestions to help us out.  We have a ton of more trails that need to be cut and everytime we think we have a map, things get changed.  We have had some bad storms and it has put down trees that had slowed us up a bit.  Over time, we should have the type of park everyone wants.  Again, thank you for coming out.
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

highspeed View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Hollytree Off-Road Hollytree Off-Road wrote:

Thank you for coming out.  We know we have a ton of work to do on the property.  We are taking everyones suggestions to help us out.  We have a ton of more trails that need to be cut and everytime we think we have a map, things get changed.  We have had some bad storms and it has put down trees that had slowed us up a bit.  Over time, we should have the type of park everyone wants.  Again, thank you for coming out.

Yeah, it may be hard to get a good map until all the trails are cut. You may want to invest in some more advertising as well..........I think that is an absolute key ingredient for success of an offroad park.

Im also waiting for some stickers! 
erickpl View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erickpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 1:51am
Word of mouth is already going on out the sites I frequent (Jeep-related), so advertising is already spreading.

I didn't get a chance to make it out there, but looking forward to checking it out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 5:23am

We would like to thank everyone that came out to the Hollytree Off-Road Grand Opening.

We had a great weekend. No one got hurt. If you have pictures or video, please email to russ@hollytreeoffroad.com

Thank you for all your suggestions. We will be working throughout the week cutting more trails before next weekend.

Please keep your eyes on the website for an Invitational we will be holding soon.

In the mean time, please come join us this Saturday and Sunday for more riding.

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 12:51am
I sent the day out there Saturday.  We had a good time.

I understand you are cutting trails but dead end trails were a pain.  It's not too bad when there are just a couple of rigs that end up at the end of a trail but when there are several rigs stuck at the dead end, it can be a real chore to get everyone turned around and moving again.  You might post a "Dead End" sign so people can know what they may be getting themselves into if they go down the trail.

You've got a good thing started.  Keep it up.  How much of your 400 acres is in the trees?  How much is in the botttom row crop field?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 2:04am
Most of the acreage is in trees.  Everyone was only on 1 mountain.  When we get the one mountain cut out right, we will start on the other mountain. So, with the planted field and parking I believe there is 35 acres of pasture land and the rest trees.  We still have a ton of work to do on trails, but needed people riding it to really see what needs done.   We appreciate you coming out and will continue working on the trails till they are the way everyone wants them.  Then, we will start on the other mountain leaving room for camping.
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

muddin'metal View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddin'metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:54am
Here is my review from Hardline, not that it matters too much, but here's my feedback either way...

Pros:

Tons of potential, rocks, loose dirt, creek beds
Lots of parking

Cons:

For now almost everything is one way, no bypasses, turn arounds, etc.
Trees every freakin' where!

Needs:

Trail names, trail maps, wider paths with alternate routes, allow and encourage "trail blazing", and a shaded hang out area

the lady at the entrance tent laughed at my lexus and said they'd be towing me out shortly...

Did anybody else have them an $8 fajita? Holy pop tarts! That was a real fajita y'all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 10:06am
We agree with all your suggestions.  Totally.  This will just take a little time to get finished.  Every time we think the map is done, it gets changed.  It has rained all yesterday and today so didn't get to work in the woods.  Will try to get signs up for now that show dead end trails.  Trying to get the easy outs and turn arounds, etc. done.  And yes, your review does matter.  We want it to be a place everyone wants to come back to so we DO listen to everything you have to say. SO, keep on making suggestions.  We take them with open arms and are NOT offended by it.
yes, this is Shelly and I ate one of those fajita's.  I think it might outlast some gum thats in my stomach.  That was a TON of food.Pig
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

highspeed View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 11:06am
It may be worth it to have another session of testing/marking. If I had a chain saw and some marking tape, I would go out and finish up some of the existing trails

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytree Off-Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 11:10am
We will be having an open invitational soon.  I will post when that happens.
Hollytree Off-Road

www.hollytreeoffroad.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic