Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Ads > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

89 4runner part out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89 4runner part out
    Posted: 14 October 2011 at 5:13am
Does anyone need any parts from a almost all stock 89 4runner?  I just bought the thing and It was running really bad and the kid just wanted to sell it so I got a good deal thinking I could either use it as a trail rig or part it out...  Turns out the head gasket is blown and the list of things to fix is longer than I feel like listing...  So I am parting it out before I get attached.  If there is anything specific that you need let me know. I will edit my post so you know whats already gone.

ifs steering box $125
transfer case $200 sold
transmission without bell housing $250 sold
k&n air filter flat oem style $25 sold
grey vinyl rear seats in ok shape $25
Front seats are in ok shape but have some cracks $10 each sold
fuel tank and skid are in great shape $15
tail gate is in great shape, factory red with little fading, window has only a few scratches and motor assembly works great.  $80 sold
22re motor with full rebuild at 150k is now around 290k $95 sold
pace setter steel headers in good shape $65 sold
factory top has been repainted black, and has some paint bubbles, but has no cuts and is not warped on the top. Sliding windows and seals are great move much better than mine do $60 sold
roll bar looks good, has never been used Wink. $15 sold
receiver hitch, rated for 5000 lb tow weight $ 45
has aftermarket aluminum wheels, circle cut outs with 31/10.5R15 bfg ats at 30%  $ 150
rear window relay sold
front grill sold
shift boot and plastic housing sold
Driver tail light in nice shape $15
center console sold
radiator in good shape $30 sold
Lots a grey trim parts not dry rotted.
has all ifs and rear axle parts and a lot of other things just let me know what you need.

Edited by Gunner - 15 August 2012 at 8:13am
1987 4Runner, 33" bfg km2's, ARB rear, rebuilt motor and tras. Ready to make some serious mods so that I start enjoying it again.
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 6:31am
I'm interested in the engine, fuel tank, and maybe the fuel lines and rear axle housing.  I'm considering making my 22R a 22RE...
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 7:43am
What kind of shape is the body and frame in? Would you be willing to sell all that is left?
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 8:24am
pm sent.
1987 4Runner, 33" bfg km2's, ARB rear, rebuilt motor and tras. Ready to make some serious mods so that I start enjoying it again.
MACHEN4X4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACHEN4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 1:40am
does it have good plastic on the left and right sides behind the doors were the shoulder  seat belts connect to. need a pair.
thanks jamie
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 5:17am
It does have both and they are in good shape.  
bkubisht View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkubisht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 9:03am
Radiator fan shroud still have four tangs for bolting to the radiator?
3RZ swapped 1985 Toyota 4Runner
MACHEN4X4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACHEN4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 1:30pm
let me know what you want for them and i will try and meet you next week in huntsville
thanks jamie
wellshilloffroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellshilloffroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 1:51pm
need the engine wiring harness, if it has not been hacked. let me know how much
pin it to win it!!
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2011 at 6:26am
Sorry I already stole the fan shroud.  Pm's sent.
BornToRun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BornToRun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 12:43pm
Gunner,

Got the rear-window relay installed today.  Works great.  Thanks for the quarters...if I could only get a cheap ride to Tunica, I'd be set.
87 4Runner SR5 5spd Kubishta-bilt 22RE, Aussie Locker rear, welded front diff, 31x10.5, Kubishta Custom Shop rear bumper
The Encino Men View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Encino Men Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 1:50pm
I'm curious if this hitch will fit my 87 pickup, and you wouldn't happen to have the lug nuts for the wheels would you? Thanks -max
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 3:43pm
I'm not sure about the hitch, but I am sure someone on this forum knows.  I do have a full set of lug nuts on her, how many do you need?
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by BornToRun BornToRun wrote:

Gunner,

Got the rear-window relay installed today.  Works great.  Thanks for the quarters...if I could only get a cheap ride to Tunica, I'd be set.

You got luck I didn't have enough nickles or a big enough bag for the pennies Wink.  Glad the relay fixed it. Just let me know if you need anything else.
The Encino Men View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Encino Men Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 12:55pm
Oh I bet someone will know. And I need 24, haha I know I know. But I got new OEM wheels and I need the shank style nuts to use the wheels.
bennyv View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennyv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2011 at 1:42pm
ill trade you an electric fan for one of the headers assuming they fit a 22re
bennyv
BornToRun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BornToRun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 5:21pm
Do you still have this 4runner?  If so, I need an engine part (the rubber boot which connects the throttle body to the cross-over tube).

Edited by BornToRun - 22 January 2012 at 5:32pm
87 4Runner SR5 5spd Kubishta-bilt 22RE, Aussie Locker rear, welded front diff, 31x10.5, Kubishta Custom Shop rear bumper
bennyv View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennyv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 9:55am
i want the roll bar and maybe a header depending on the condition. i also want to take a look at the seats and filter please. 
bennyv
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 9:14am
PM's sent. 
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 1:55pm
Still have this if anyone needs anything. 
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 12:08am
What all is included in the $95 22RE motor?
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 6:40am
It sold today for 175 on craigslist. 

Murdoc85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdoc85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 7:07am
Do you have the locking fuel door with key? If so how much?
Thanks
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 6:37am
Yeah I have it and it is in great shape. I'll take 20 for it.
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 2:32pm
Thanks for the parts. It was good to meet you.

John
shawn View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 1:07pm
What would you need for the leaf spring packs?
87 yota...and a whole lotta extra parts?????
bkubisht View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkubisht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 3:26pm
What color is the exterior on this, and any collision damage at the hood or fenders?
3RZ swapped 1985 Toyota 4Runner
jarmumd View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 4:41pm
is the a/c heat plastic panel intact?  Does it have brake hardlines?  What about the molded brake vacuum line to the intake?
Gunner View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 4:57pm
It was fun talking with you John.  PM's sent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic