Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Case's Build Thread (06 LJ)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:28am
This should extend this thread for another year.LOL
'18 Renegade Trailhawk
'15 JKUR-Warn-AEV-Rigid-KC-ARB

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member
Have you seen my 9/16" socket?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 4:29am
this thread is just getting started.

06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited all torn apart.

scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Lame Duck Past Pres, Fab Guy & Club Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:58am
Bump LOL

76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 1:15pm
Who is that that guy?  He looks kinda familiar.  I think I seen that Jeep before too.  Smile
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by scoutman scoutman wrote:

Bump LOL

So, you decided to go back to stock after all that work? Man, what a shame. I guess you just couldn't handle the complexity of the task?
LOL
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 4:57am
Project was sold due to lack of time cause he was spending so much time on Jordan's KOTH build.  Moderators can close this thread now.  Thanks for your interest...  Wink

76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
JRTOffroad View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRTOffroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 8:21am
I heard the bank came and repossessed it.
[URL=]JRTOffroad[/URL]

ULTRA4 Racer #4580 - Thanks to Extreme Rock Rigs (XRR), Nitro Gear, BFGoodrich, Tom Woods, Ruff Stuff, FOA, Fusion Works Fab!
scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by JRTOffroad JRTOffroad wrote:

I heard the bank came and repossessed it.
Can you imagine the look on their faces when they opened the garage door?!!!   Shocked
76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 9:40am
When is the estate sale?
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:39pm
I heard he got it painted and moved to Kalifornia.....

___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
JRTOffroad View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRTOffroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 5:24am
J$, you going to post up that back lit pic? 
[URL=]JRTOffroad[/URL]

ULTRA4 Racer #4580 - Thanks to Extreme Rock Rigs (XRR), Nitro Gear, BFGoodrich, Tom Woods, Ruff Stuff, FOA, Fusion Works Fab!
scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 7:50am
Originally posted by JRTOffroad JRTOffroad wrote:

J$, you going to post up that back lit pic? 
But then that would ruin the suspense! 

Oh, alright....

76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
unlblkrubi View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 8:17am
Hell, there ain't no trails that wide!
'18 Renegade Trailhawk

scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 8:18am
Originally posted by unlblkrubi unlblkrubi wrote:

Hell, there ain't no trails that wide!
This is Case we're talking about here...  he'll make them that wide.  LOL
76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Case Case wrote:

this thread is just getting started.

I wasn't wrong you know.LOLLOLLOL

Man, things sure have changed a lot since I started this thread.  So what happened to my build in the last 10 years?

Short answer:  Nothing. Dead

Long answer:  I sold my drivetrain when I didn't have another one to plug back in.  That was a poor decision on my part.  I was thinking with a different mindset by that point in my project.

So what happened?

Short answer:  My priorities changed.  Sometimes life comes at you fast.

Long answer:  As documented in this thread I went to King of the Hammers.  I became addicted to the need for speed.  My buddy Jordan and I started a team and became very successful.  Unfortunately, this meant obligations to the race car over my own projects.  My money and my time were 100% focused on helping the team win more and more races.  With each win, more and more sponsorships started to come in and we started thinking bigger.  This included moving the team to Colorado for the more lucrative western series and eventually moving up from the "every man" 4500 class to the pro 4400 class.
In 2012 I had my first daughter.  She was born with some challenges that many of ya'll know about already.  In fact, this club held a very successful fundraiser to raise some money for the care of my daughter.  My humble thanks will never be enough for all ya'll have done for me. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed  Without a doubt, Charlotte's medical condition greatly affected my time and finances.  Obviously, her care became the #1 priority for myself and my family.   At this point I was struggling to make time for the race team already so this project was pretty much shelved.  I tried to stay involved however I could, but I think most of the people in this club only know me as the  redneck a-hole with the stupid turd brown Wagoneer" that shows up randomly once every couple of years.  Its true.  I'm a seagull member of this club.  I show up make a bunch of noise, sh*t all over everything and disappear!
As some of ya'll know things have changed a great deal with Charlotte's care.  We have been accepted into a medical trial for a drug that is having a miraculous affect on my daughter's condition.  This has led to a reprieve in some very stressful things in my life.  We're not completely cured, but our quality of life is soooo much better.  We were forced to take a break from racing this year to welcome Jordan's new daughter, Sawyer, to the world and to rebuild after a pretty violent roll that pretty much totaled the car.

So, here we are.  I'm 10 years older, fatter, with way less hair, and henpecked to death by my wife and our two daughters.  Its just me and my old dog Lugnut to keep the juices flowing and remember what its like to be a man.  I've been trying for years to put away money for this and its finally starting to trickle down to actual parts being purchased.  I need to see this journey through.  I also feel like I owe ya'll some closure, especially after all the support you have given me.  The updates will not be nearly as frequent as before.  But this thread will hold me accountable to make progress on things so I can share them with you.

Whats the plan?  Well, thats something that I've been asking myself for a long time.  Basically the way I setup the jeep before no longer reflected how I wanted to use it now.  The suspension is setup for stability, low up travel, long down travel.  Piddly little ol baby 2.5" coilovers and all the stock frame.  I decided I was going to start over, reset the supsension for go fast, get better suspension, cut the frame and body all to hell, and maybe add a few ponies.  
But, thats not really setup for the terrain here.  Sure, it would be fun for a yearly trip out west or whatever, but I would sacrifice much of the capability I originally built for:  wheeling in the south east.  With how much I was planning on cutting, I may as well start with a buggy anyways.  Therefore, I am not going to do that.  I am going to keep the suspension the way it is.  I'm going to cut the frame a little bit, but not quite to the levels I was planning before.  I'll strip the interior down to the firewall and make a custom dash.  I'll build interior and cage around my comfort, the passenger seat probably wont get used much, but I'll still have one.  

My last picture I posted was a powertrain on the back of my truck that was intended to be the new heart of my jeep.  Over the years I collected parts and slowly realized that my original plan may not be the way to go.  Originally I planned on a 5.9 magnum swap because we've used that in the race car and its now in my Terrokee, however despite it being a very tourqey, strong motor I was wanting to dress it up a little bit.  So I took it to a machine shop, had it bored .30 over and dropped a stroker kit in it.  I also got a small supercharger, just to give a tiny nudge of help to the 6.7.  The trans was also a Dodge 46re, transfer case would be my old Rubicon one.  The problem is, magnum motors are hard to find programmers for, they are very hard to tune and I was wanting some very specific, trick stuff.  Learning from some of the stuff we were doing with the race car, I slowly began to bow before the pressure of the LS swap scene.  I just hated putting anything other than a mopar motor in this thing.  Well, as it turns out, if you take a 10 year break on your project, Chrysler (or Fiat or whatever the hell they are now) will crank out enough Hemi's to begin to be relatively price competitive with the LS scene.

So my last picture was a picture of a drive train.  I'll finish this post with a picture of the new drivetrain: 

This is a 5.7 Hemi Eagle with a Hellcat supercharger sitting on top.  The parts in the box are whats going to help me reach Hellcat numbers despite not starting with the 6.2 Hemi.  Trans will be a NAG1 5 speed auto out of an SRT8 Grand Cherokee.  Transfer case will be an OEM that fits on the NAG1.  I wont be using low range very much.  Since the Hellcat makes 707hp from the factory, that's my goal with this setup. 

Alright, thats enough for now.  Progress will be very slow at first.  Probably the first thing I'll do is hire Indiana Jones to extract my jeep from the layers of detritus that now cover my jeep and get the thing out in the sunshine for the first time in 10 years.  I look forward to finishing this thread and  with anyone who reads this, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to keep up with my stupid jeep.

Edited by Case - 27 March 2019 at 11:13am

bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 4:30pm
That’s great news Case! Maybe I’ll finish up a buggy that I’ve been collecting parts for over the last 10 years and we can go wheel them together!
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 4:36pm
The nine-year thread is nine pages long.  Will it fill another page in the coming year?

I think we need a couple garage crawls at Case's place to jumpstart this thing.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
stout22 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2019 at 5:49am
That's great news about Charlotte. Lugnut looks ready to get this project started.
stout22

76 Bronco

302, EFI, C4 Auto, 4.3 Atlas, 3.5" lift, 1" body, locked d44 and Locked 9"
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 6:17am
That's great to hear about Charlotte. 

Think of all the experience you have building and rebuilding stuff now due to the race team. You should be able to whip this thing out in a couple of weekends now, right? LOL
Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 7:20am
I wish, but several factors stand in my way for completing this quickly.  However, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now.  I have a decade of neglect to overcome first.  The first step was to update the build thread so that I had some accountability to someone other than myself.  

unlblkrubi View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 11:41am
It will qualify for antique plates by the time you are done.
'18 Renegade Trailhawk

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2019 at 7:19am
Originally posted by unlblkrubi unlblkrubi wrote:

It will qualify for antique plates by the time you are done.

That may very well be true.  But when it gets done, it will be the most bad ass war machine that will put a huge smile on my face and probably require me to consult my physician after 4 or more hours after I use it...

Over the last 6 years I've seen and experienced things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  I need something that I can take my frustration out on and get that release one gets only from an adrenaline rush.  This will be my therapy jeep.

CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 5:23am
Case, I love your seagull analogy! LOL! I'm right there with ya on that one! Glad to see you were 1) still able to find this thread, and 2) able to remember where you left all your Jeep parts! You ever get this thing paid off?
I'm happy that Charlotte has got to a point, health-wise, where you are able to spend some time on this project again. I've been following her progress on FB, and it is truly amazing. God definitely has his hand on you all.
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 8:40am
So just a few months later and already things are a changin'.  Since I've taken so long to complete this project, I've become comfortable with the goal posts moving.  I've decided to make a change already to my drivetrain.  The NAG1 is a great transmission with a very low first gear and 2nd gear ratio much closer to 1st than most commonly used transmissions.  This means that in the critical gears we typically use off roading (1st, 2nd, ...3rd if you really want it) the vehicle stays in the power band without a big fall off of power when the trans shifts gears.  The NAG1 also is fully tuneable and shift points are controllable and swift.  It's also a very strong transmission being used in some very high horsepower applications (4488 has made north of 700 rwhp on the dyno)

But what if there was something else out there that was even better????

As it happens, there is.  The ZF 8HP70 is a german 8 speed electronically shifted auto trans used in a variety of domestic and foreign cars. Dodge happens to use a version of this transmission in their vehicles.  Several high end sports cars and some exotics also use a version of this transmission.   By almost all accounts, this transmission may be one of the best autos especially in a high horsepower application.  The version I'll be using is slightly stronger than the NAG1, has a higher first gear, tighter ratios between the gears, and faster shifting.

This sounds very expensive right?  As it turns out Dodge uses this transmission in the Charger, Challenger, and Durango.  The RAM 1500 also uses it.  Therefore with some careful shopping we should be able to find one without spending a ton of money.    I have found what I was looking for:  A wrecked 2015 Dodge Durango:

With just 46k miles on it, there should be plenty of life left in this transmission. The Transmission, t-case, ecu, shifter, and accelerator pedal were secured.  I still lack some of the wiring necessary as it was so intertwined with the chassis wiring harness, the seller was unwilling to part with it.  I may have to source this through the dealership or other official Mopar parts sources.

Another unique thing I am determined to do is to operate without any traditional gauges.  There is so much information available from the ECM that to display by analog gauge would require a significant amount of money spent on just gauges.  There are some all digital race oriented dash displays, but I don't want to spend that kind of money and I want to have more control/access to the data I want than what I can get from those displays.  So I have ordered a 8" android tablet that is built to military standards for ruggedness (shockproof, vibration proof, water/dust proof etc).  Using a combination of Apps, I can set this tablet up to display whatever I want, turn on instantly without having to wait for the tablet to boot up, touch screen that will allow me to change display on the fly, handle other tasks such as navigation or entertainment, etc.  It also has its own 4g Verizon service which will allow me to setup some Apps that will track my Jeep's location, provide dynamic text message updates, provide radio communications, and possibly allow me to remotely start and/or shut down the Jeep.  

All of this capability can be delivered for way less money than I would have spent on gauges, radios, stereo units etc.  

cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:06am
Nifty.
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:12pm
That’s awesome Case! Who’s would have thought anyone would ever swap a dodge transmission in anything? The nag1 is a great transmission, this sounds even better! 
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by bluetoy bluetoy wrote:

That’s awesome Case! Who’s would have thought anyone would ever swap a dodge transmission in anything? The nag1 is a great transmission, this sounds even better! 

welllllllllll, technically its a german transmission not a chrysler.  I still don't think anyone would want a trans chrysler designed on their own for their project LOL

CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:07am
Digging it, Case!
~Sean

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 3:38pm
Back at you with a quick update:

After a few months of collecting parts it was time to make some progress on the new engine.  I want this thing to be powerful, but reliable.  I want to be able to absolutely thrash on it without having to worry about pushing it to hard.  With that in mind, I've gathered some quality parts.

So off to JRT Racing World Headquarters we go!  A quick plane ride gets me to the state of the art engine assembly facility located in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado.  My motor was all ready disassembled by the world class technicians employed by JRT Racing.  So after a brief tour of the Springs to get parts and deliver them to the machinist, hit the junk yard looking for some valve covers, and consumption of margaritas we ended the day.

The next day we were able to get the heads stripped down and assembled with new, heavier, springs.  I cleaned and  lapped each valve and valve seat.  These are stock 6.1 Hemi heads, which flow really well for a stock application.

At this point we got a call from the machinist that my block work was done and it was ready to be picked up.  Since he stayed late to finish the job we hurried over to his shop to pick up the block.  You know its a great machine shop when you pull up to a dirty building with no sign and just 1 door.  Inside 1 old man surrounded by engine blocks and machining equipment  works all his manual machines while country and western blare from an old speaker.  You had to pay with cash since he didnt have a computer or any way to process cards, my receipt was hand written on legal paper.

One of the problem we encountered was we thought we had a stock 5.7 so I bought pistons and rings for a +.005 bore, but the machinist determined that the block had already been rebuilt (poorly) once before so I ended up with a +.020 bore.  That meant I had to overnight new pistons and rings from the manufacturer in Jersey, who only sold their products through Summit Racing, which was a giant pain in the rear because the Manley Performance stuff wasnt on the web site.  Fortunately, the customer service department was able to arrange the transfer and I got my parts in time.  I'm using Manley Performance "extreme duty" pistons, rods, and wrist pins.  Here they are all assembled:

Now at this point I must confess.  We were supposed to be watching the new JRT Racing baby while momma worked, but we were determined to get as much done as we could.  We nominated ourselves as "Best worst fathers in the world".

I dont know why the photo loaded sideways.  I'm not really good with computers.

At this point, we were ready to assemble the motor.  We are using a polished stock  crank, as the 5.7 cranks are pretty healthy.  Pistons and rods are forged of course.  Because of the quick turnaround on the emergency reorder of parts I ended up with grind to fit rings.  This is where I ran into this evil sumbitch:

Next time, I think i'll try my luck with the dremel LOL.  I painfully adjusted each ring by turning the handle hundreds of times, but finally was done and it was time to install the shiny parts.

Of course we painted the block hemi racing orange.  Head studs because we are going to be throwing boost at this little guy and we want everything to stay put!

Next up was to bolt up the rebuilt heads:

Next, we measured for new pushrods and I'll be ordering those later today.  At this point we were running out of time so we wanted to see what the final product will look like.  The baby wasnt impressed but we were pretty excited.

In this picture the supercharger is not bolted down to the heads yet.  We are going to need to make a spacer that will make the bolt down work.  The aluminum we ordered was not thick enough so we'll have to order new material.  But it sure is nice to see it sitting up there!  

Next morning we added the hellcat oil pump to the crank, the pump didnt fit the stock location but we were able to machine a spacer using the stock oil pump drive gear to get it to work.  

The stock cover is not going to work, and probably we will need to make modifications to the oil pan.  Also because hell cat valve covers are hideously expensive, we will need to make some modifications to some old aluminum valve covers.  Unfortunately, I was out of time and needed to catch my plane so this is as far as we got.  CryCryCry

Next step is to find some parts that will work, or modify what we got and get the supercharger spacers made.  Then final assembly and bolt it to the transmission.  I havent figured out what kind of t-case i'll be running yet.  I don't really need low range, but I want to run drive slugs so i dont have to get my big lazy butt out of my seat to get 4wd working so I'm thinking single speed t-cases are out.  Maybe i'll find a jk t-case for cheap and just use that?  I dont know yet.  

50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 7:39pm
Looking good!!  It's great when a plan comes together!! 
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic