Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

went against doctors orders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 2:49am
Still a good job, Steve!

I am going to run the Grey Ghost 5k again this year for sure, and maybe another one if I can.

I actually just ordered some Vibram FiveFingers shoes and am gonna give them a try and see what they are like.  I haven't run in months, so since I will have to start slow and build back up with these new shoes (Essentially running barefoot) no time like the present, right?

Edited by -DRM- - 02 June 2010 at 2:49am
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
mrscj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrscj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 2:50am
Good job Steve!Clap

Originally posted by NOT4HWY NOT4HWY wrote:

A 8-10 y.o. boy stopped at mile 3, ate a donut w/water and still beat me to the finish Angry

Maybe he's practicing for the Krispy Creme Challenge Smile
~Jennifer

Do what your mother says, go outside and play.

NOT4HWY View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT4HWY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 5:10am
Originally posted by -DRM- -DRM- wrote:

Still a good job, Steve!

I am going to run the Grey Ghost 5k again this year for sure, and maybe another one if I can.

I actually just ordered some Vibram FiveFingers shoes and am gonna give them a try and see what they are like.  I haven't run in months, so since I will have to start slow and build back up with these new shoes (Essentially running barefoot) no time like the present, right?

That's right David-get running! I saw several people with shoes like you have and wondered how they would feel -report back with an update. My plan for the race was just to run a 10min/mile until the end and step it up for the .2 - cleared mile 5 right at 50min., but I had nothing left in the gas tank for the last mile.
Club member since 1992, Club President 1995-1999 Trail rig:S-Blazer,Rockwells,507 Caddy,T-400,203/205, Tow-rig: '23 F350 4x4
NOT4HWY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT4HWY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 5:11am
Originally posted by mrscj8lvr mrscj8lvr wrote:

Good job Steve!Clap                      Thanks!

A 8-10 y.o. boy stopped at mile 3, ate a donut w/water and still beat me to the finish Angry

Maybe he's practicing for the Krispy Creme Challenge Smile
Club member since 1992, Club President 1995-1999 Trail rig:S-Blazer,Rockwells,507 Caddy,T-400,203/205, Tow-rig: '23 F350 4x4
-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 7:12am

That's right David-get running! I saw several people with shoes like you have and wondered how they would feel -report back with an update. My plan for the race was just to run a 10min/mile until the end and step it up for the .2 - cleared mile 5 right at 50min., but I had nothing left in the gas tank for the last mile.

I read the book "Born to Run" last spring (I recommend it, BTW), and ever since then the concept of barefoot (or nearly) has really intrigued me.  After a lot of research, I decided the VFF's might just be the ticket for my uses.

Not just running, I was looking for a good lightweight river/kayak shoe, as well as some light trekking.

I will definitely report back how it works when it comes to running.  Our bodies were designed to run - and I just can't see how current running shoes are promoting proper foot placement or use.
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic