Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

whatd yall think of this years koth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whatd yall think of this years koth?
    Posted: 25 August 2007 at 2:45pm

whatd yall think? i thought it was pretty awesome! esp for the hard course. and is it just me or was it a bad day for cherokees?!?

and when will the pics be up? and who can i see/contact about the dvd?

98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
~Mo~ View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Mo~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 3:49pm

I think this years KOTH was badass! Yes the course was hard... but wouldnt have it anyother way!

It was great to see rigs of various sizes and builds attack the mountain.

Eagerly waiting on pics.. *cough..hurry up jake...cough*

Awesome turnout... cant wait till next year

browning67 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 3:55pm
yea the turnout was HUGE! yall might hafta make it a two day event soon...
98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
~Mo~ View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Mo~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 4:06pm

Sorry bout the crappy pix... broke my good camera...

~Mo

Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 4:10pm
well dang now ima hafta get off my lazy but and get all mine up...
98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 4:58pm
Glad y'all liked the event.  A ton of work goes in to this event every year and I think it just goes smoother and smoother every year.  Granted - you just can't please everyone but we absolutely try our best. 

I'll try and work on my pics tomorrow.

As for the question about the DVD, we'll likely have some form of online purchasing capability set up at some point for it.  The guys who did the filming today are local folks which will make communications easier and hopefully faster.  Just sit tight on if for now - something should be up, possibly in coming weeks, since they have do do plenty of editing through all of that video.

Thanks for coming!

Edited by cj8lvr
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 2:23am

had a real good time...  didnt get any pics, but bout an hour of video....   waitin on my dvd..... 

will be back again next year...

http://www.myspace.com/jrhall1985
88` toyo truggy- 36in tsl,dual cases, 22re,detroits, 4.88s, chromo 30-splines longfeilds,beadlox,half doors, narrowed,dovetailed adn bobbed, hydroassist,
Rubi35811 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubi35811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 3:31am

Thanks for the Great Time!  Hopefully I'll get down to one of your meetings and get to wheel with you guys sometime.  Here is a vid from yesterdays action.  I shot a few hours of video.  This is 6 highly editied minutes of yesterdays competition.http://www.vimeo.com/287057

04 Rubicon, lotsa heavy stuff bolted all over it.
Pops-n-a-Yota View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pops-n-a-Yota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 4:18am
  It just gets bigger and better every year.We had a blast,and the money helps get us to Texas for the Grand Nationals next month.This event helped Adam alot with the Maxxis tires to,it looks good with only two sets being run and both placing.Its good to see a big turn out,competers and spectators.This really helps promote the sport.The only complaint I've ever heard is either more potties or maybe get the potty man to stop by around midday.Anyone who brings along the Grisswalds will shownuff hear about this.Other than that everthing was really proffesionally run.Thanks to everyone behind this event because if you didn't start it we couldn't enjoy it.Thankyee,Thankyee,Thankyee again.Pops,Adam,Team ORC and the Grisswalds. 
XRRA 315 BFG   Spidertrax
ECGS PSC The Offroad Connection

~Mo~ View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Mo~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 4:50am
So how bout some Standing Updates? I missed the awards ceremony
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 5:00am

Some photos from KotH:    http://www.fototime.com/inv/51DDE9791CC3732

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Rubi35811 Rubi35811 wrote:

Thanks for the Great Time!  Hopefully I'll get down to one of your meetings and get to wheel with you guys sometime.  Here is a vid from yesterdays action.  I shot a few hours of video.  This is 6 highly editied minutes of yesterdays competition.http://www.vimeo.com/287057

GREAT VIDEO!  Good Job!

NIB

Rubi35811 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubi35811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 6:11am
Thanks 98TJ!  If anyone wants a video clip of their rig at yesterdays event let me know and I'll see what I can put together from what I captured.
jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 6:26am
tan toyota with a taco grill.........  just curious  hall, painkiller  beaner built custom thing   lol
http://www.myspace.com/jrhall1985
88` toyo truggy- 36in tsl,dual cases, 22re,detroits, 4.88s, chromo 30-splines longfeilds,beadlox,half doors, narrowed,dovetailed adn bobbed, hydroassist,
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:23am

Originally posted by jr hall jr hall wrote:

tan toyota with a taco grill.........  just curious  hall, painkiller  beaner built custom thing   lol

haha beaner built! haha you should add that to your sig

98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
John Galbreath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Galbreath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:48am

I see on a couple of boards where y'all are looking for suggestions.  I am not a member here.  My intentions are constructive only.  Please do not take otherwise.

I was the number 2 single seater.  Purple FireLogs.com.

Constructive critism.

1) If they were going to pull me (and others) out of line because we had already run once.  They certainly could have told us hours earlier.  I could have moved it into the woods and walked up the hill and watched.  I stayed real close as they said at drivers meeting and kept it moved up in line.

2)  All drivers should attend the drivers meeting or be penalized.  I was first up the hill as number 1 did not show up.  When I got back to the bottom, I got in line at the end.  I got back in line at number 17 or 18.  That means 17 or 18 to 47 was late, but yet, they were not penalized.  The ones that had already run had to let them go by us.  This would allow a 2 hour or so down time to work on the rig at camp. Come back and get in line WITHOUT penalty.  In my opinion, tht is wrong.

3) I think the line to the start should be two lanes.  That way no one had to move to let a broke rig down backwards from the starting line.  Also if  driver is not at their rig,  you can go around if you can get entirely back in the lane ahead of him.  That is a PENALTY for not staying at your rig.  You should be able to run as many times as you get to the front of the line, regardless of how many times those late or broke got to go.

4)  There needs to be two courses running at the same time.  I understand from talking to some that insurance may be the reason.  I also understnd the two separate courses, XRRA style, is how they got around that rule.  That would require two start/finish timing setups, but this is growing and the growth must be allowed for.  You can run 2 classes one way and one the other as signup dictates the field should be and difficulty level for the small tires.

5)  Banners.  Go XRRA style.  Use pennants, not tape.  If you brake a pennant, you are DQed.  Rubbing is fine.  I also thought some spectator bannors were too close to the course for a proper margin of safety.

6) Portalettes, more.  Should have been at least 6 there.

7)  T-shirts should have been closer.  There was no reason for the competitors to go out the spectator entrance to find them.  I happened to see someone carrying a shirt and asked where they purchased it.

Now for the kudos!

1)  Course marshall was great.  I did not get his name.  I had two issues I went to him on.  He answered them quick and precise.  I did not like what he said  Grin, but he showed professionalism, and fairness.  He even came to the parking lot afterwards and thanked me and the others around for coming.

2)  second drivers meeting letting us decide on the 5PM cut off.

3) Number of staff, good job.

4)  Food, good and fast service.

5)  Amount of air time you gave the sponsors, like the Off Road Connection ledge.  It is nice to see the sponsors getting return for their money.

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 9:49am

John,

Thanks for the good feed back.  Hope to see you again next year.

Brad

83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 10:20am
John thanks for the feedback. I was the younger guy running tech.

John
Rubi35811 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubi35811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 11:59am
Originally posted by browning67 browning67 wrote:

Originally posted by jr hall jr hall wrote:

haha beaner built! haha you should add that to your sig

Here's a clip of your rig jr as requested.http://www.vimeo.com/287392

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 12:21pm
CIRCUIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIRCUIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 2:41pm
Grat job guys and girls enjoyed it!!!! What John said I agree but you guys are only 6 years old it gets better eevery year been the the last 3 years first time to run it best time ever.  Hey maybe  2 DAY event with the top five from each class. GREAT JOB GUYS
Mike_LaMar View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by John Galbreath John Galbreath wrote:

Now for the kudos!1)  Course marshall was great.  I did not get his name.  I had two issues I went to him on.  He answered them quick and precise.  I did not like what he said  , but he showed professionalism, and fairness.  He even came to the parking lot afterwards and thanked me and the others around for coming.

John,

That was me, Thank you. We like everyone to have the same opportunity and as in all things in our sport our event is a continual work in progress. Thanks again for coming out and thank you for your points. We hope to continue to build a better event and your feedback helps us with that. Without the good community and competitors like you guys we sure wouldn't have a good event.

Mike La Mar

Edited by mikeanddepsy
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 4" Superlift Suspension, 37" Toyo MTs

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 4:11pm
make rules and stick by them....Here's my only problem with the everyone run 2 times.......I had no problem with anyone who showed up early enough to get a second chance to run..I myself was a little late about getting there,but I understood because of the large amount of competitors that I would only get 1 time to run,so I should make my first run count.....So why change rules in midprocess just because others didn't take the same strategy I took.My feelings on the matter if the KOTH is getting bigger and bigger every year it should be taken care in other ways other than running till midnight and losing half of the spectators because drivers didn't show up early enough to get in line fast enough to make 2 runs, just my opinion
84 Truggy,39.5 Rockers,MRW BL,Dual ultimate crawler,30 spline Longs,114 wb,Stretched front 4.5",,22re,5.29's.."BLUETOY's HERO"
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 4:57pm
I'm uploading mine this evening, here is a taste:

___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
jkmewright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkmewright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 2:06am

Just wanted to thank ya'll for one heck of a show Saturday!  This was our first AL trip and I can say that we'll be back.  As a spectator, here's how I saw things:  the course was navigable for humping up and down the hill, the staff was very friendly, and the rigs awesome.  One complaint for ya:  where were the RCRC stickers?   See ya next year!

dwparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 10:38am
This event was awesome!  Everyone on the film crew had a blast, and really appreciated the help and courtesies extended to all of us from the staff, spectators, and drivers alike.   Thanks for a great time, and we're hard at work at creating a DVD that you all will enjoy.

If you didn't get a chance to pre-order, or decided on an extra copy, you can do so on our preorder page:

http://www.deadworkers.com/events/kingofthehill/

If this isn't the right place for this link, just let me know, and i'll move it!

Thanks again!
Brent
DangerRanger84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerRanger84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 11:48am

had a great time guys! Thanks for putting it on! Does anyone have any footage of my run? (black and orange Ranger)

already looking forward to next year!

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 11:52am

Originally posted by dwparty dwparty wrote:

http://www.deadworkers.com/events/kingofthehill/

If this isn't the right place for this link, just let me know, and i'll move it!

Brent,

Why don't you start a whole new thread for the DVD's.  Your post is kinda burried on this thread.

Brad

alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 12:45pm

Originally posted by 98TJ 98TJ wrote:

Why don't you start a whole new thread for the DVD's.

Done, and stickied!

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
Rubi35811 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubi35811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by DangerRanger84 DangerRanger84 wrote:

had a great time guys! Thanks for putting it on! Does anyone have any footage of my run? (black and orange Ranger)

already looking forward to next year!

Here's the footage I've got!  From where I was standing at the time this was all I was able to capture.

http://www.vimeo.com/288950

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic