Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why RCRC has trail ride rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why RCRC has trail ride rules
    Posted: 21 December 2006 at 1:19am

Trail rules such as no drinking or drugs and all vehicles must be licensed and insured, etc.  (See the rules here:  http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/about_us.htm

Here is a post from the TTORA site (Toyota Territory Off-Roaders Association) about a couple driving in Moab and falling off of Lions Back.  Turns out the owner (SexyTaco on TTORA and Pirate4x4, aka Nicole) did not have insurance on her fairly new Toyota Tacoma.  The driver during the incident (Mike on TTORA and now former, president of TTORA) had had a few beers prior to the "accident".  He was arrested for DUI by Utah LEO's.  Over all, this will probably cost him around $35K or more according to his post on Pirate.

Furthermore, both of them gave the four wheeling community a huge black eye.  Note in the TTORA posts how the accident was posted as something funny ("Mike kilded my Taco" plus the cute pics) and then got ugly quick.  It started ugly on Pirate and went downhill from there.

TTORA thread:    http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52889&page=1 &pp=30

Pirate thread:  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537216

cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 2:03am

Bummer.

I saw that on Pirate yesterday and just didn't know exactly what to think.  Black eye to say the least!

___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 3:47am
From TTORA Forum:  

"Well, the end result appears to be the nor cal ttora president (MIKE) stepping down from his position for totaling his GF's truck and evidently getting a DUI and other legal stuff..."
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...724#post636724
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT4HWY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:41am
Long time ago when I was club Pres.- we had a coalmine ride with a large group of guests that wanted to join RCRC. About 30 minutes into the ride, I had to stop the RCRC members and inform the guests that they were on their own because of the alcohol consumption.  Steve
74chevystepside View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74chevystepside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 9:45am
^good call imoif you want to drink fine, if you want to wheel fine, just not at the same time its dangerous enough on its own
KJ4DDC
2009 Red Rock 4 door JK. All stock
1994 Blueish YJ
3" body lift and 33's WOOT
browning67 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:12pm

Originally posted by Steve Curet Steve Curet wrote:

Long time ago when I was club Pres.- we had a coalmine ride with a large group of guests that wanted to join RCRC. About 30 minutes into the ride, I had to stop the RCRC members and inform the guests that they were on their own because of the alcohol consumption.  Steve

with ya on that one too....

98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 7:50am

Quote from the driver on the Pirate thread:

"This whole incident is going to cost more than $35K, and that is only the financial burden. I am still not certain that I won't be a guest of the state of Utah for awhile. Next time you decide to pop a few beers on the trail, think about my f**k up and what it might cost you and your loved ones."

Profound.  This should be tattoed (with a big dull needle) on the forehead of anyone drinking while operating a vehicle.

There once was a SFWDA sponsored ride, at a SFWDA event, with the SFWDA President actually on this ride (not the current sitting president, a previous one), with people obviously drinking while driving on this ride, even speaking about it on the radio, and at least one person complained to the SFWDA Pres about that drinking, and his response was to mutter something to the effect of "Well, they know the rules!" and that was the extent of the action taken.  Luckily, nothing bad that I know of happened on this ride......but it goes on all the time.  Pisses me off.

Each time something like this Lion's Back incident happens, it just gives the land-closure people more ammo with which to shoot us.  I happen to enjoy my beer and even some Jack or Kalua around the campfire, but NOT on the trails!  But because other assholes cant use good judgement, or else they have a chemical dependency that they cant or wont deal with, they gotta take their damn liquid stupidity on the trails with them.  LEAVE IT AT CAMP!

The land-closure greenies are winning, and we are helping them.

Edited by alabamatoy
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
74chevystepside View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74chevystepside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 7:53am
is anyone wheeling over the xmas break?
KJ4DDC
2009 Red Rock 4 door JK. All stock
1994 Blueish YJ
3" body lift and 33's WOOT
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Quote from the driver on the Pirate thread:

"This whole incident is going to cost more than $35K, and that is only the financial burden. I am still not certain that I won't be a guest of the state of Utah for awhile. Next time you decide to pop a few beers on the trail, think about my f**k up and what it might cost you and your loved ones."

Profound.  This should be tattoed (with a big dull needle) on the forehead of anyone drinking while operating a vehicle.

There once was a SFWDA sponsored ride, at a SFWDA event, with the SFWDA President actually on this ride (not the current sitting president, a previous one), with people obviously drinking while driving on this ride, even speaking about it on the radio, and at least one person complained to the SFWDA Pres about that drinking, and his response was to mutter something to the effect of "Well, they know the rules!" and that was the extent of the action taken.  Luckily, nothing bad that I know of happened on this ride......but it goes on all the time.  Pisses me off.

Each time something like this Lion's Back incident happens, it just gives the land-closure people more ammo with which to shoot us.  I happen to enjoy my beer and even some Jack or Kalua around the campfire, but NOT on the trails!  But because other assholes cant use good judgement, or else they have a chemical dependency that they cant or wont deal with, they gotta take their damn liquid stupidity on the trails with them.  LEAVE IT AT CAMP!

The land-closure greenies are winning, and we are helping them.

Right hand, look closely:

Edited by Al
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic