Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Separator for York 210 Onboard Air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
Hail HURTS...aske me how I know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Separator for York 210 Onboard Air
    Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:33am

I need information (part number, where to buy, etc) as to what oil separators are being used with onboard air systems.  I have installed a York 210 in my buggy and made the first test run last night.  Good news is that the pulleys seem to be aligned since the belt did not try to invert or anything.  The compressor also seems to operate smoothly and pumps air well.  The bad news….there is a lot of oil flowing out the discharge line.  The compressor is new and I’m guessing mounting it on its side doesn’t help the oil pumping problem.   It is mounted with the suction port up as stated in the York manual.  Has any of you blocked the oil flow port in the head of the York to reduce the amount of oil pumped?  I don’t like this option as it seems it would have to reduce the life of the components in the upper cylinder head.

thanks,

Don

1985 ToyBuggy w/TBI GM4.3/TH350, Marlin doubler, 4.88's, locked front & rear, 37" TSL SXII, and other stuff.
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 12:23pm
Don,

Page 899 and 900 at McMaster.com.  Just put the page number in the search bar and hit return.  Middle of page 899, top of page 900. 

Al

Edited by Big Red
jpwrangler View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Past President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 3:11pm
I believe I got mine from Imperial Supply (533-3773) on Newby Road. They
are next to the Lincoln-Mercury Dealership. You can also find them at
Harbor Freight or Northern Tool. Lowe's and Home Depot also have some
smaller ones.
95 YJ, SOA, Tera 4:1 kit, SYE, ARBs, 4.56, York onboard air, Warn 9500, 36" IROK SS, Chromoly axles, Hi9 rear, Teraflex hi steer

2022 Ram 2500 CTD, 4X4

Paul
Club Past President
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 3:33am

Dont truly need one if you do this mod:

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/york_mod/index.asp

I did this on mine, and it has stopped pumping out tons of oil.  Uses virtually zero.

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic