Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Getting closer to replacement off roader decision
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting closer to replacement off roader decision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mike_LaMar View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting closer to replacement off roader decision
    Posted: 11 August 2018 at 11:38pm
I like it!
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 4" Superlift Suspension, 37" Toyo MTs

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 12:43pm
Well I done it now....

Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 3:23pm
I'm getting narrowed in on what I want to do for my new off road toy after trading off the jeep (still the right decision). I'm in the final throws of deciding on a Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe. It is the only side by side on the market with a non-CVT transmission (uses a normal hydraulic auto). The 700 seems to be the sweet spot between too narrow and not enough power (the 500) and too wide (the 1000). It seems to have adequate power and size for zipping through the woods and trails, enabling me to go more places than a full size vehicle would. Unfortunately it won't fit in the truck bed, but my ecodiesel will make easy work of a small trailer.

I basically came to this because I don't want the hassle of a used vehicle that needs work, and I want something smaller that can fit down more trails and navigate easier. But I want something more substantial than an ATV (back rest, steering wheel, cage and seat belt). It's in a good spot on price and has other uses like working around the house (or helping others on theirs).

So hopefully a new tool will be in hand in the next few weeks.
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic