Forum Home Forum Home > General > Public and OHV Park Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CERT Meeting - Event Date: 15 March 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: CERT Meeting
    Posted: 25 February 2016 at 7:03am
The March meeting is being moved to the third Tuesday and the location has been changed.
The meeting will be at the
Huntsville Madison County Emergency Management Agency
Emergency Operations Center
320 Fountain Cir (around back)
Huntsville, AL
@ 6:30 pm

Do not come to the front door.  On the south side of the building on Williams St there is a garage entrance for the bank.  In the garage is the secure direct access to the EOC. The door will be manned for this meeting. Please bring your CERT backpack and/or CERT Badge for access to the meeting. Interested guests are welcome.

There will be a little business and a lot of interaction including backpack and training at this meeting.  Some kit supply freebee's will be handed out.  This is the first location in our plan to have meetings at agencies that are relevant to disaster response and recovery mission. Come see the EOC in person.  The news keeps showing you scenes from inside where the severe weather briefings are conducted.  It is the season and we have had some near misses, so far.

So on our normal meeting night, the second Tuesday, we are again recommending that people attend the NWS Storm Spotter training session:
The Huntsville National Weather Service will be providing their Spring Storm Spotter training on Tuesday, March 8th. The training starts at 6:00 PM at the National Geographic Theater at the Space & Rocket Center. The training should be complete by 8:30 at the latest. We recommend attending every couple of years to keep up-to-date.

The new MCCA website is up! We are now a .org, please change all your hotlink's appropriately to:

We have the new guidelines and the city attorney has reviewed them.  We will be adding them to our training slides.

The MOU is awaiting the new director to have a chance to come up to speed.  However, I have met him and if his schedule will allow (it will be his second week on the job) he may be able to come by and meet the team.

We will be explaining the background check process (necessary for badging under NIMS) and how any information will be handled/destroyed.  MCCA will not retain any sensitive records.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2016 at 12:14pm
What is this business on the last line about a background check process and badging under some acronym? Is everyone in Madison CERT getting checked and badges issued now?
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
Doc Savage View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2016 at 4:54pm
Yes, in order to get the approvals needed for the MOU with the city, we have to have the ability to do background checks. There is some debate as to whether we HAVE to do it or have the ability to do it. City attorney is pushing to do it. I think they will gag when they see how many current members there are needing checks, and make it a "going forward" issue, but that is personal opinion.

Robert
Past President, Rocket City Rock Crawlers
Past President, Madison County CERT Association
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2016 at 3:46am
It would be interesting to see how many folks actually respond to a call to get badged. I bet the membership list gets a lot smaller quick. Maybe they can get comfortable with folks that have a government badge from army or NASA not needing another check? That would reduce a bit of the burden. Anywho, I hope to make this one since it seems the meetings are becoming more practical/valuable for the common member.
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic