Forum Home Forum Home > General > Trail Pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camp Gruber ORV and Superlift ORV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camp Gruber ORV and Superlift ORV
    Posted: 17 June 2014 at 9:10am
Videos by Eric Reid, RCRC Club Visitor---

Camp Gruber ORV:
http://youtu.be/KTAr3uT9H6s

Superlift ORV:
http://youtu.be/vofn4xj3wZU
http://youtu.be/LqFiTeegbt0
http://youtu.be/OXXH964PpBA

Thanks for sharing Eric!!
Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 9:22am
OK, this is the after........ where is the right before and during?

Eric, guess this means you are out for the night ride.  You are welcome to come out to Gurley at 5pm Saturday and eat with us.  Someone might even have an empty seat.

Edited by 98TJ - 17 June 2014 at 9:26am
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 9:30am
uh-oh.... when you said the jeep had a "boo-boo", I didn't expect this.  So sorry!  Cry
Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 9:25am
I would love to ride with someone this weekend, but I will be in Florida for a wedding so I am out of pocket. Thanks for the invite/offer!! 

I have already found a used windshield frame/windshield and drivers door so I should have the jeep put back together in a couple of weeks at the latest. So hopefully I will be ready to rock and (dare I say) roll for any planned July activities :-)

As for the before and after...I wish I had some exciting tale to tell, however it was rather tame and unexpected. It rained at Superlift like it did here that weekend, in fact in rained on us almost all day off and on that Monday. The first video taken that day has a segment when it was raining quite hard. Anyway, conditions were quite slickery at times. We had just come up a hill which we had to winch up about the last 25 yards and pulled off the trail to take a break. Ended up parallel parked to the trail coincident with about an 18" drop off on a slight slope. When we got started again, while manuevering to get back on the trail, we slid and both passenger side tires dropped off the embankement essentially simultaneously, resulting in a nearly instantaneous 270deg roll. Neither my brother or myself was injured despite the attempted rock polishing roll. After we shook the cobwebs out and climbed out we put together a self-recovery plan and executed it. The shiny side had all sorts of cosmetic and other damage (as you can see), the rubber side just had one tire knocked off the rim and a rear sway bar bracket break on the same side as the flat tire. We changed the tire, drove it out of there, and flat-towed it home behind the motor home. The recovery success was something we were quite pleased with.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by 98TJ 98TJ wrote:

After further examination of the video, Donny and I have determined that the actual cause of the accident was due to the improper installation of the lucky horseshoe you found on our last ride in Tennessee. The video clearly shows it laying on the ground directly in front of the jeep. Donny says that for horse shoes to bring GOOD luck, they must be securely mounted with the open end pointing up. Any other mounting position will bring BAD luck; which is what appears to have happened here.   
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 4:06am
My brother Alan, an Engineering Mgr with Lock-Mart, who had the extreme pleasure of being in the jeep when we rolled had this to add in response:
"It makes sense…I was having to keep setting the horseshoe right side up the whole trail…I probably didn’t notice it had slid again until after the roll…looks like the process owner is at fault J…you will need to mistake proof this process by properly installing the horseshoe such that the passenger is not required to continually adjust it during trail rides… ;-()"

adjust it during trail rides… ;-()

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 7:35am
Not sure this link will work but here is a picture of the Jeep "after" condition, post-rework at Rocket City Off Road. Taken in the woods of Lauderdale Co last weekend.

87-toy View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87-toy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by OleYeller OleYeller wrote:

Not sure this link will work but here is a picture of the Jeep "after" condition, post-rework at Rocket City Off Road. Taken in the woods of Lauderdale Co last weekend.

Looks good. I like the red door gives it the M&M look
Toyota
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 1:26pm
Thx! It does not stand out as much but there is a forest green windshield frame also...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic