Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

48 State Concealed Carry Voted Down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grcthird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 48 State Concealed Carry Voted Down
    Posted: 22 July 2009 at 8:45am
85 Toyota pickup with 85lbs of bondo, 33" TSLs, Spool, Warn winch, 63" chevy's, Ruf, cage and other preowned parts.
scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Lame Duck Past Pres, Fab Guy & Club Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 1:29pm
Boooooo.  Thumbs Down
76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 1:53pm
Only two away. I think we need to put it to a vote again in a year or two.

John
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 12:37am
This was just the Senate.  How much chance do you think it would have had in the House?

This does point out something that has been going on in the Senate for a long time now, the 60 vote issue.  I'm damned tired of this BS.  There is no such thing as a routine 60 vote requirement.  60 votes is required to stop a filibuster.  When's the last time there was a filibuster in the Senate?  The way it works now is "I'm going to pretend to filibuster unless you can get 60 votes together and pretend to stop my pretend filibuster."  Pure BS.  If you are going to filibuster then have the balls to really stand up and do it.

What a bunch of spineless wonders in DC!  And we just keep sending them back term after term.  "Everybody else up there is a crook and needs to be replaced except my guy.  My guy is great and I'm voting for him again."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic