Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Ads > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$425 Larry's Gift Certificate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddin'metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $425 Larry's Gift Certificate
    Posted: 17 January 2013 at 2:12am
My wife got me a $425 gift certificate for Christmas (I know, I know, I really don't deserve her)... Which is super awesome, BUT, I can't stand going in that mad house (Larry's) right now and they don't have either of the 2 firearms I was wanting in stock. Will anyone give me face value for this thing to help a brother out? I know someone is gonna be spending money there anyways. Thanks, Tyler 256-7three8-0471
erickpl View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erickpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:02am
I was thinking about doing the same thing with my Best Buy Gift Cards, but I only have $200 right now. lol  May just hold em and get a GoPro...

Which ones you wanting?  I'm jonesin' for a M&P Shield in 9mm.
muddin'metal View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddin'metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:33am
CZ P07 DUTY or a SCCY Industries CPX-2 pocket 9mm. I'm rifle rich & carry poor right now
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 3:52pm
I had a CZ P07 DUTY and traded it off. Wished many many times I hadn't. Great gun!
bmead20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmead20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:39am
I just bought a SCCY cpx-2 2 days ago at Last Resort Guns in Madison off county line road.$275 with 2 clips havent even been able to fire the thing yet
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by bmead20 bmead20 wrote:

... with 2 clips...

BUZZZZZZZ. Dead Sorry, lose a turn, next contestant, please!  Its a MAGAZINE.  Clips are something that you use to hold cartridges together in order to load a magazine all at once, instead of one shell at a time.

Big smile
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Originally posted by bmead20 bmead20 wrote:

... with 2 clips...

BUZZZZZZZ. Dead Sorry, lose a turn, next contestant, please!  Its a MAGAZINE.  Clips are something that you use to hold cartridges together in order to load a magazine all at once, instead of one shell at a time.

Big smile

BUZZZZZZZ. Dead Sorry, lose a turn, next contestant, please!  Its a CARTRIDGE. Shells are something you put in a shotgun that typically hold small pellets called shot.

Big smile
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 12:44am
Well in my world, "shell" refers to an artillery projectile.  Also in my world, a "clip" is a device for loading ammunition into a weapon such as the M1 Garand and a "magazine" is also an  ammunition and explosive storage structure.  Now we can always talk about "stripper clips".

Where do we go from here with all this Buzzzing going on?

Does the gift certificate that started all this have an expiration date?
muddin'metal View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddin'metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:44am
Wow, an actual gift card related question... yes it does, Dec. 2013
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 2:01am
Originally posted by cj8lvr cj8lvr wrote:

BUZZZZZZZ. Dead Sorry, lose a turn, next contestant, please!  Its a CARTRIDGE. Shells are something you put in a shotgun that typically hold small pellets called shot.

Its called a "Lee Case Length Gage and Shellholder 223 Remington"  Do you put "223 Remington" SHELLS in your shotgun?  I would think that MidwayUSA (an internationally known retailer of shooting supplies) and Lee (a longstanding manufacturer of reloading supplies) should be a reference sufficent to prove you WRONG.  Ouch

Sorry for the diversion of the topic. 

BRC Life Member
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 2:53am
Midway.

Never heard of 'em.

LOL

Just having some fun.

Now back to this whole gift certificate discussion.
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 5:24am
I just wanted Jake to admit that I was right.  Its an "old fart" thing.

BRC Life Member
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 5:26am

I just wanted Jake to admit that I was right.  Its an "old fart" thing.
And the opposite of "old fart" is?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 6:41am
Originally posted by mdmTJ mdmTJ wrote:

And the opposite of "old fart" is?

Fresh turd?

BRC Life Member
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 9:08am

Originally posted by cj8lvr cj8lvr wrote:

Its called a "Lee Case Length Gage and Shellholder 223 Remington"  Do you put "223 Remington" SHELLS in your shotgun?  I would think that MidwayUSA (an internationally known retailer of shooting supplies) and Lee (a longstanding manufacturer of reloading supplies) should be a reference sufficent to prove you WRONG.  Ouch

Sorry for the diversion of the topic. 
Actually, the terms are interchangeable. So, both the "Old Fart" and "Fresh Turd" are both right. LOL
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic