Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stupid bastards at EPA....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stupid bastards at EPA....
    Posted: 11 October 2015 at 3:16am
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
unlblkrubi View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 3:49am
http://pjmedia.com/blog/epa-administrator-no-ones-lost-their-job-over-agencys-mine-spill/
'18 Renegade Trailhawk
'15 JKUR-Warn-AEV-Rigid-KC-ARB

CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 3:40am
Do as I say, not as I do. The EPA embodies this failure in setting the example. They are a typical bureaucratic department of the liberal government. Accountability? Responsibility? Nothing more than words to them.
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2015 at 2:26pm
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29157803/silverton-county-unanimously-vote-begin-superfund-negotiations?source=rss

This probably means the beginning of the end of riding the area trails around Silverton.

BRC Life Member
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2015 at 2:54am
I wonder how many more "spills" the EPA will cause during that cleanup? Maybe that is their new tactic for "protecting" the land from those of us who would use it responsibly.
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 5:33am
This certainly isn't surprising.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/12/epa_has_not_punished_anyone_for_toxic_spill_at_colorado_mine.html

"Mr. McClintock listed examples of far smaller spills (than the one at Silverton's Gold King mine) that have met with fines, criminal penalties and even jail time. He cited the 1994 case of an Alaska backhoe operator who accidentally spilled more than 1,000 gallons of heating oil into a river, resulting in a six-month prison sentence for a company official not at the scene."

BRC Life Member
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 3:08am
Wait, you mean to tell me you expected a government official who works for a liberal supported government organization to be punished for doing something they should be punished for!?! Are you insane!?!
~Sean

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 8:35am
http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/investigative-report-on-epas-gold-king-mine-blowout-released

Made the link clicky...

Edited by alabamatoy - 14 February 2016 at 1:41am
'18 Renegade Trailhawk

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2016 at 1:52am
Originally posted by unlblkrubi unlblkrubi wrote:

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/investigative-report-on-epas-gold-king-mine-blowout-released

This is pretty good read.  It links to the congressional subcommittee report (PDF) on what all transpired, both during the event and the stupidity shown in dealing with the side-effects.

Im no hydrologist, or geologist or civil engineer, but its pretty obvious from what was going on that the people on the ground working on this were not paying attention to what they were doing.  And the engineer in charge was on vacation when this happened.

I dont understand why the EPA was even mucking about with it, they should have left it to the mining engineers and experts at the Colorado DRMS.  I want to see some EPA people lose their job and be charged with crimes.  The EPA, after all, violated many of its own laws in this instance.

This graphic is telling:

Basically, they simply started digging around at the debris pile at the mouth of the mine, and when it began weeping yellow liquid, they tried to pile it all back, but the debris pile gave way, and the 2+ million gallons of nasty shit behind it rushed out, flowed into Cement Creek and into the Animas River.

BRC Life Member
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 9:41am
Idiots. They should be fired, imprisoned, and forced to pay for the cleanup out of their own pockets.
~Sean

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2016 at 6:33am

BRC Life Member
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2016 at 6:49am
If that been one of us, we would never see the light of day.
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 8:17am
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 9:15am
I am sick of this.  People who break the law should suffer, especially when they do it as Govt employee.

BRC Life Member
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 10:50am

Cry me a polluted non-Trumped EPA river

Interesting read.  Trump fired some of the scientists who reside on the EPA board of directors.  He wants them replaced with industry scientists who understand the impact of the EPAs decision on industry.  Good idea, sez I. 

And worst of all, there is still no responsibility for the damage done out there in Silverton to the Animas and downstream rivers.  EPA says current law prevents them from being responsible.

BRC Life Member
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 3:20pm
'18 Renegade Trailhawk

RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 10:00am
'18 Renegade Trailhawk

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 10:27am
I'm sure the epa has a plan on their drawing board to build a nursing home or a child day care center out of it somehow.
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 9:13am
But wait, there's more!

Yep, same morons, saving our planet again.....

___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic