Forum Description: Tech Talk
URL: http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4282
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 9:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Boeing Interview
Posted By: 4RUNNERB12
Subject: Boeing Interview
Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 9:22am
I have an interview with Boeing tomorrow and I am about nervous as crap.  I have been trying to get on with this company forever.  I know a lot of you guys work for Boeing, are there any hints you can tell me about their interview process or things I should mention during the interview to put me in the top of the pool for the position.

Thanks,
Bo

-------------
74 CJ5

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 9:36am
Perhaps you should mention your automobile detailing skills and your passion for yard work, particularly in the late fall of the year after the leaves fall.

Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 9:42am
Yeah, thanks for the help.

-------------
74 CJ5

Posted By: cj8lvr
Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 10:00am
Tell them you brush your teeth after every meal.

-------------
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 10:41am

Tell them you always announce your going to pass gas before you fart  :-)

Seriously, treat the interviewer as a normal person and be very calm and answer the questions honestly...only thing I know to tell you.

P.S.  I don't work for Boeing but their competitor Lockheed Martin

Posted By: 98TJ
Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 2:08pm

Go to bed early.

Look the interviewer in the eye.

Sit on the front edge of the seat/chair, lean forward and don't ever lean against the back of the chair.

If they ask you the question, "If we offer you the job, will you accept".  Say yes with no hesitation or caviots.  Even if that ain't the truth.

If you end up talking to some big shot who wants to run his mouth, let him.  Just smile and shake your head up and down.

Don't drool and whatever you do, don't mention that you know Al.

-------------
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44

Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 2:50pm
Cool, sounds good.  Thanks

-------------
74 CJ5

Posted By: Al
Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:56am
What job is the interview for (req #), what program and who is the interview with?

There are 88 open reqs in Huntsville right now, mostly GMD, some ISS, SBINet, ARies, etc.  Mostly engineering, finance-types.

What's you line of work and degree in?

Good luck.

Oh, and whatever you don't mention rugby or that your a Florida fan, unless you don't want the job of course.  

Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:13am
The one I am interviewing for is the Supply Chain Management Analyst position.  My degree is in Management of Technology and the interview is with Bob Meek and Patricia Ray.  And yeah, I have been told don't mention Rugby, Jeeps, and anything else that I would normally talk about.

Oh yeah and WAR EAGLE.

-------------
74 CJ5

Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:59am
Well, I just finished with the interview and I think it went pretty well.  Hopefully if I get this job I will have some extra cash to build another offroad jeep.  You know I was thinking about it today, I have kept up with you guys over the years but the last ride I went on Doc's 4runner had 32's and tube bumpers, Danny's shop was on south parkway and the Titanic was still alive .

-------------
74 CJ5

Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:09pm
I know the second level and some of the working level people over there but it's been years, essentially the last time I moved space hardware on ISS.

Good luck with this one, but it it doesn't work, send me your resume and the req# if you want to apply for another job.  There's a trick to applying for jobs at Boeing, mostly caused by the fact that a 'puter reads your resume vs. a req before it decides to forward your resume onto a human to evaluate.  You gotta get past the 'puter first, if you want in.

Good luck.

Al

Posted By: J CROSS
Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:24pm
Funny that you would start this thread, I have an interview at the Beoing plant in Decatur/Trinity. Does anyone have any insight about the stability or future of this rocket plant? It has to be better than the auto plant I am in now.

-------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them"   Einstein

Posted By: 50Willys
Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:37pm

The Decatur rocket plant is no longer Boeing, it is United Launch Alliance (ULA).  The work there should be pretty stable, especially when the start moving the Atlas V work from Colorado.  I left a year ago because they were no longer Boeing and I was tired of the BS after working there for 8 years.  Also the benefits under ULA are not going to be any where near what we had through Boeing. 

They have a canned set of questions that they ask everyone who interviews, so just relax and be yourself. Good Luck!!

-------------
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig

Posted By: J CROSS
Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:48pm
I was just wondering. I was there last week for a test and they seemed like pretty nice folks. I dont know anything about the rocket business. Why are they moving that work here? The guy I talked to made it sound like there was a good future in the need for rockets so who knows. Thanks Bob.

-------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them"   Einstein

Posted By: NOT4HWY
Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:43pm
Titanic's frame is still alive!

-------------
Club member since 1992, Club President 1995-1999 Trail rig:S-Blazer,Rockwells,507 Caddy,T-400,203/205, Tow-rig: '23 F350 4x4

Posted By: alabamatoy
Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 2:59am

Originally posted by Al Al wrote:

There's a trick to applying for jobs at Boeing, mostly caused by the fact that a 'puter reads your resume vs. a req before it decides to forward your resume onto a human to evaluate.  You gotta get past the 'puter first, if you want in.

US Army etc is same way.  If you apply for a job through http://www.cpol.army.mil/ - cpol , the computers screen the resumes first.  People think that they can post a resume on the system and then throw that same resume at dozens of jobs, and it just doesnt work.  If you want to get to the interview stage, you need to modify the resume for each job you apply for.  Its just a keyword search, and you simply gotta have the right keywords from the announcement in your resume in order to get through the first level screening.

-------------
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member

Posted By: FatAzzRunner
Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 3:15am

The way I initially got on with Boeing is I printed out the job req., Highlighted all the key words, and then found a way to squeeze them all into my resume in some way, shape or form. 

I had applied for about 15 Boeing jobs without doing that, the 1st on I applied for and did that on, I got the job.

I just relocated to the Huntsville area with Boeing to work on the SBInet program and I did the same thing.  I had two other buddies of mine in Kansas where we all worked for Boeing who applied and I told them to do the same thing....................Well, here I am and they are stuck in KS because they didnt listen....They both had much more experience than me.

Hope you were able to out interview the other candidates and get the job.

Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:10am
I forgot about your new truck.  I saw you 4 wheel steering past my dad's house on Adams during the christmas parade, badass.

The resume tricks kill me, if I don't get this job then every job I apply for after I will fit all the buzz words into.  Again, thanks for all the help.  I'll let you guys know what happens. 

-------------
74 CJ5

Posted By: 50Willys
Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 9:11am
The Atlas work is moving here as part of the joint venture with Lockheed Martin that created ULA.  All of the primary engineering and program management will be in Colorado and the manufacturing will be in Alabama.  So that means a lot of engineers moving from California to Colorado and a lot of tooling and some people moving to Alabama.

-------------
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig

Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 9:42am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Originally posted by Al Al wrote:

There's a trick to applying for jobs at Boeing, mostly caused by the fact that a 'puter reads your resume vs. a req before it decides to forward your resume onto a human to evaluate.  You gotta get past the 'puter first, if you want in.

US Army etc is same way.  If you apply for a job through http://www.cpol.army.mil/ - cpol , the computers screen the resumes first.  People think that they can post a resume on the system and then throw that same resume at dozens of jobs, and it just doesnt work.  If you want to get to the interview stage, you need to modify the resume for each job you apply for.  Its just a keyword search, and you simply gotta have the right keywords from the announcement in your resume in order to get through the first level screening.

Big mistake.  This is exactly how the Boring system works.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net