Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

onboard air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: onboard air
    Posted: 20 March 2005 at 2:59am

Check this out:

http://www.truckspring.com/airsprings/firestone/product/pres sure_switch.asp

Looks like a whole lot simpler setup than the big honking monstrosity we have been using for a compressor switch.  This site has got some good air fittings and such.

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
papa smurf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa smurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 3:56am

are you running the york compressor setup?  i have a cherokee that i am setting up a compressore on.  trying to just use the stock compressor with an inline oiler on the intake side.  very interested in any advice.  i figure if i burn up the compressor i can get another one for less than forty so no big deal... have read up on it and quite a few peolple have done this and it works.

alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 4:53am

My Toy has a York.

If you do the inline oiler thing, it will work, but you wind up with oily everything.  Hugh Green in our club has an oiler thing that is a compressed air side oil reservoir and separator that feeds oil back into the intake side and it takes it out of the downstream compressed air.  It seems to work fairly well for him.

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
papa smurf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa smurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 4:57am
kewl was thinking bout the oil seperator return option also.  thanks for the tip.
'96 grand cherokee. just for cruisin not bruisin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic