Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New place to ride VIOLA,TN.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New place to ride VIOLA,TN.
    Posted: 02 December 2006 at 4:40pm
We have about 11 trails cut and ready to ride. For more info go to www.tennesseeoffroad.com or www.damnlocals.com on their forums.Have some pic.under(VIOLA)click on pic.THANKS
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 3:33am
Approximate location.....
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 6:43am
Better links:

TRO

DL

zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 2:48pm
505 Thaxton Rd McMinnville,TN.37110. It is 10 miles south of McMinnville off HWY108 south Warren Co.TN.Cumberlandoffroad and some others will be there 12-9-06.Damnlocals club will be here for a new years ride.[ http://rides.webshots.com/album/556041763unzLxu?start=28

Edited by zukezilla
Doc Savage View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 5:00pm
We helped MTTR clean some trails in the Viola area almost 8 years ago in preparation for the first Rosser event in Monteagle. That was one long day with chainsaws as there had been a recent storm blow down lots of trees. I think Dwight was the one who had contacted the land owner about using that land. Haven't been up there since. Was some fun areas.

Robert
Past President, Rocket City Rock Crawlers
Past President, Madison County CERT Association
zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 7:51pm
http://rides.webshots.com/album/556322381twRPHJ Here are some pic of todays ride in Viola,TN at Mayhem.For info call 931-224-8481     MAYHEM FEB. JAM (Feb.10,11) -07    
Billcow
< =1.1 =text/> Avatar Image
Mischief Provoker
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted < =1.3 =text/> document.write(timestamp(new Date(2006,10,29,14,39,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0)); November 29, 2006 02:39 PMNovember 29, 2006 02:39 PM      Profile for Billcow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finialy getting around to posting a review on this place.In short it is great.For you old timers its like the bunny trail,1410,creek bed 5,and the shutes all packed in to one place.If you like to trail ride you wont like it.But if you go to Wooleys do picnic table,do every line on screamer and top off the day with a run up i-65 then you will think you have died an gone to 4x4 heaven.Last week there were 8 vary bilt rigs there and it took all day to run 5 trails.Marvin(the owner) is having a grand opening on New Years Day,he has some pictures in the testing section here on the board.This place can handle 60-80 bilt rigs with no problum.The price for riding is $10 per rig and $5 for each passenger there will also be primative camping.Directions from I-24 and Hwy.55 Take hwy.55 toward Mcminville 11.5mi.turn right onto hwy.287 at the Morrison light go 4.9 mi.turn left on to hwy.108 go 3.2 mi.turn right on to Mt.Zion rd.go 1.2 mi.turn left on to Thaxton rd. the address is 505 Thaxton rd. Mcminnville Tn.

--------------------
85 Toyota truggy
95 s-10 extended cab rockwells 454 400/205 yada yada yada
01 2500hd GMC 496ci allison

Edited by zukezilla
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 5:55am

I think this place is called Mayhem Offroad now; at least that's they way they're referring to it over on the TOR board.  zukezilla is the owner of the land and a guy named Lynn Haney is the operator. 

Any interest in the Feb. 10-11 ride?

Al

85cruiser View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 12:15pm
HELL YEAH!
Patrick

2011 Ford F350, XLT, 4X4, Diesel, Crew cab, long bed

74' FJ-40, The "Bruise"

85' FJ-60, slightly modified

87' FJ60, slightly modified
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 12:45pm

WOOOHOOO! I'm definately in on this one. That's only a little over an hour drive from Skyline.

I'll see if the rest of the skyline crew wants to go. I'm sure they will.

TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
Mike_LaMar View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 4:28am
drill weekend for me again.

mike
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 4" Superlift Suspension, 37" Toyo MTs

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 8:52am

Me too, Mike.

~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

browning67 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 9:12am
hmm im might be intrested in goin with yall...at least spencer and i....it would hafta be on the 11th for me...got the act on that sat....
98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 9:26am
MTTR is going the 17th I think... wanna go then?  Should be a small group of us there.
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 10:09am
Originally posted by -DRM- -DRM- wrote:

MTTR is going the 17th I think... wanna go then?  Should be a small group of us there.

I think the Club ride is scheduled then, location I don't think has been selected however.  Club meeting is this Thursday, so we'll find out then.  A number of people wanted 2/10-11 so we'll see.

Been there?  If so, impressions, comments and recommendations?

Thanks,

Al

browning67 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 10:16am

Originally posted by Al Al wrote:

Originally posted by -DRM- -DRM- wrote:

I think the Club ride is scheduled then, location I don't think has been selected however.  Club meeting is this Thursday, so we'll find out then.  A number of people wanted 2/10-11 so we'll see.

Been there?  If so, impressions, comments and recommendations?

Thanks,

Al

dang wont be able to make the meeting...but i will be able to make the feb one....

98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 2:03pm

MAYHEM Offroad Directions from I-24-EXIT-111 and Hwy.55 Take hwy.55 north toward Mcminville 11.5mi.turn right onto hwy.287(to Viola)at the Morrison light go 4.9 mi.turn left on to hwy.108 go 3.2 mi.turn right on to Mt.Zion rd.go 1.2 mi.turn left on to Thaxton rd. the address is 505 Thaxton rd. Mcminnville Tn.37110.Look for the ZUK`s and the BIG BLUE BUS.I will put up some signs to help everybody find there way.    http://www.damnlocals.com/                      http://www.tennesseeoffroad.com/  WE have 15+trails on 85acres of Mt.side,23acres of parking for any size truck or trailer.CumerlandOff-road will be cooking hot dogs and burgers.   ph 931-224-8481     

zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 10:02pm
We put 58  3x3x1 foot concrete in our new rock garden (the flower garden) today.I need some input on how to arrange these 1300 pound stones for little and big rigs to climb on.I have access to more if I need them. MAYHEM Offroad
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 12:20am

Zukezilla,

Is camping allowed on the property and, if so, what are the services and costs?

Thanks,

Al

zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 1:11pm
Hey Al,camping free  just pay reg. price for rig and ex.rider $10 rig with driver,that includes like 4wheeler,horse,or anything that going to be on the trails and $5 for other.We have a little Cafe in Viola for breakfast on Sat. maybe Sun.I`ll ask about that.You can also get a room in McMinnville or Manchester,about 15 min. away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic