Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MAYHEM SHOW DOWN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAYHEM SHOW DOWN
    Posted: 06 July 2007 at 4:49pm

MAYHEM SHOW DOWN, KING OF THE HILL .Sat. Sept,1. Open at 7:am ,$10 per rig $5 per person,1 CLASS.38`s and under.2 CLASS unlimited.$50 entry fee.100% pay out on each class.2 courses will be judged by your best time.
http://community.webshots.com/user/zukezilla
Email www.zukezilla@yahoo.com 17+trails, lot of rock on 85 acres Mt. side ,23 acres of parking for trucks and any size trailer. MAYHEM Offroad VIOLA,TN Directions from I-24 and Hwy.55 Take hwy.55 toward McMinnville 11.5mi.turn right onto hwy.287 at the Morrison light go 4.9 mi.turn left on to hwy.108 go 3.2 mi.turn right on to Mt.Zion rd.go 1.2 mi.turn left on to Thaxton rd. the address is 505 Thaxton rd. McMinnville Tn.37110.

ESSENTIALLY OFFROAD is hosting this MASTER OF MAYHEM event.

Ride`em till you break!
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:35am

This event is not in any way related to the Rocket City Rock Crawlers King of the Hill event.  Our event is in its 6'th year, this Mayhem thing is new copycat.

Do you not see anything wrong with using our event name?

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:27am

Wow, at first read I thought this was the king of the hill event put on by RCRC...

Someone should reconsider using the same name, wonder if that was deliberate!

zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 4:41pm

Sorry for the confusion,this is a MASTERS OF MAYHEM event hosted by one of my sponsors.Didn`t want to offend anybody,just having a event so everybody can have a good time.Everybody tells me it`s getting harder to find places too ride and everybody was looking forward to a event at MAYHEM.HOPE you have a great turn out for your event.

MY APOLOGY TO RCRC

MARVIN FULTS

MAYHEM OFFROAD LLC

Edited by zukezilla
Ride`em till you break!
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 5:47pm

Hey Marvin,

MASTERS OF MAYHEM sounds like a good name for your event.  Thanks for working to get us a place to ride and supporting SFWDA.  I'm going to try to get up to your event.

Brad

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:56pm

Extreme 4x4 the TV show will be onsite filming the event

http://www.essentiallyoffroad.com/

Ride`em till you break!
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:45pm
I think its cool to see more events happening. Maybe if we get enough events and can get some standardized classes we could have a southeast rock race series.

John
browning67 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:00pm

Originally posted by 83K10 83K10 wrote:

I think its cool to see more events happening. Maybe if we get enough events and can get some standardized classes we could have a southeast rock race series.

John

that would be awsome!

98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 8:47am

Do they know when it will shown on Extreme 4X4?

TNMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 11:42pm

John

Yes.....a series of these events would be great for sure. Possibly arouse enough interest to attract major sponsorship of the eevents?

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:55am
That would be cool.
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:27pm
I know we are all busy right now with events coming up. At some point probably during this winter I think we should try to get a good discussion of a standardized set of rules. I know everybody's is a bit different. That should be a first step. Another would be a points system. Something like 1st place gets 50 points, 2nd place gets 30 points, and 3rd place gets 15 points.

John
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 3:44pm

Something like 1st place gets 50 points, 2nd place gets 30 points, and 3rd place gets 15 points.

Or % of the entry fees.  Like 50% to First Place, 25% to Second and Third.

___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:09pm
Yeah pay out would have to be standardized as well. I was talking about so you could have an overall Southeastern Rockracing Champion.

John
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:10pm
I gotcha - LIKE NASCAR!
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
a-line View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 11:49pm
 Is the spectator admission $5.00 per person ?
zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 5:08pm
$10 a rig and $5 per person.Food and drink will be served by one of the local 4x4 clubs.
Ride`em till you break!
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 12:31am

I'm planning on going to this.  

Anybody else gonna be there??

TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 12:56am
I was thinking about going.  Do you know how far the hill climb is from the parking area?  We may just drive our Camry up there.
a-line View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 1:10am

I am going and some freinds.

zukezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zukezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 5:22pm
The hill climb is just inside the edge of the tree line.You can drive a car right up to it.Most all the trail up here are spectator friendly.We will have parking to the trail close as possible.

Ride`em till you break!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic