Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Liberty - here today, gone tomorrow.............
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty - here today, gone tomorrow.............

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty - here today, gone tomorrow.............
    Posted: 14 January 2009 at 2:24am
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 1:30pm
That makes me want to go buy another gun and send some $$$ to the NRA.

John
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 2:17pm
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 3:11pm
Don't start the revolution without me.

We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -Patrick Henry
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
cOOter View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cOOter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 4:40pm
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
George Washington

This is one of the Rotating Quotes I found at http://www.whathappenedtofreedom.com/

Online Sales Manager
Larry's Pistol and Pawn
http://www.pistolandpawn.com
Never do anything you wouldnt want to explain to the paramedics.
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 1:42am
I just got my pistol permit tuesday and my wife got hers a few months ago.  Wink I've owned numerous rifles and shotguns ever since my grandpa gave me my first .22 when I was 8 or 9 yrs old, but I have never owned  a handgun for some reason.  
I used to carry a sawed off pistol grip 20 ga around in the truck , but I figured that with a wife and kids I better get something a little more legal so I don't get sent to the pokey. LOL

I'm looking at buying a ruger MKIII .22 for myself. I'm also gonna get something for the wife. Any suggestions for her?
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
erickpl View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erickpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 1:59am
I suggest taking her to the range and see what she likes. :)

Depending on her size and gun skills, anything from a .22 to a .45 would work. :)  Hand size plays a huge role IMO in what would work well for her.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by bluetoy bluetoy wrote:

I'm looking at buying a ruger MKIII .22 for myself. I'm also gonna get something for the wife. Any suggestions for her?

I've got the bull barrel Gov't Target Pist version of that Ruger.  That is a sweet shootin' handgun.  It extremley acurate and cheap to shoot.  If you get one, make sure you get one of those little plastic do hickies that pulls the follower down on the magazine when you reload.  Otherwise, your thumb will be hurtin'.

DW Gun: S&W 5-shot air weight revolver 38 Spl +P

Edited by 98TJ - 15 January 2009 at 3:08am
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 3:59am

I really like the way those ruger .22s shoot.  It is one of the only handguns I've ever shot that I could hit consistantly with. Plus I like the cheap and readily available ammo.

I have a hard time shooting accurately with a handgun anyways. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. I imagine this is partly my problem.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 4:09am

I'm right handed but left eye dominant. 
That can be a problem.
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 6:36am

I really like the way those ruger .22s shoot.  It is one of the only handguns I've ever shot that I could hit consistantly with. Plus I like the cheap and readily available ammo.

I have a hard time shooting accurately with a handgun anyways. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. I imagine this is partly my problem.

Shouldn't be a real problem, I'm the same way and I won my share of trophies when I was shooting IPSC.
94Blazer327 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94Blazer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 7:00am
Im also a righty but left eye dominant- My advice, learn to shoot lefty. I couldnt qualify for crap at the range (22/40) shooting right handed when I was still in , started shooting lefty and saw and instant change(34/40). Feels a little wierd at first but you get used to it.
www.DamnLocals4x4.com
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 7:24am
I've never had any trouble with accurately shooting a rifle, shotgun, or bow right handed , but I've had a hard time hitting anything with a handgun.  Maybe I need to try shooting left handed and see if it helps.

Would ya'll reccomend I look for a good used Ruger or just go ahead and buy a new one?
94Blazer327 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94Blazer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 7:51am
I never really had a problem hitting accuratly right handed either- till I had to shoot pop-up targets. Thats a whole nother ballgame compared to takeing your time and sighting it. I could  zero in on it faster lefty. But it might not work for everybody.......
www.DamnLocals4x4.com
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 9:50am

Would ya'll reccomend I look for a good used Ruger or just go ahead and buy a new one?

I bought mine used at Larry's.  It still had the box, owners manual, etc.  That was many moons ago and I've never had a problem with it.

There are many version of that gun, blue/SS, skiny barrel/bull barrel/machined barrel, barrle length, grips, scope mounts.....  If you know exactly which one you want, you might have to buy new or wait a while to find a good used one.
cOOter View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cOOter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 1:30pm
New or Used doesn't really matter. Ruger backs thier guns so well if you ever do ever have a problem with it, Just send it back to Ruger and they will fix it!

Although I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the MK II, MK III or 22/45.

Edited by cOOter - 15 January 2009 at 1:31pm
Online Sales Manager
Larry's Pistol and Pawn
http://www.pistolandpawn.com
Never do anything you wouldnt want to explain to the paramedics.
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 1:58pm
Thanks cooter. I knew they were good guns, I just wondered if it was worth the price difference on new or used. I guess it looks like it doesn't matter much. I like the plain version of the MKIII in a 6" barrell . Ya'll got any over there? If so PM me a price and description. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic