Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

got some pics of the jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarder 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: got some pics of the jeep
    Posted: 13 June 2004 at 10:58am

http://orw.truckmoxie.com/mygallery.ten?id=4573

here it is after the lift....  thanks to Mo at Rocketcity...  sway bars still connected

lemme know what yall think

98 TJ 5spd.

33 BFG M/T under
RE 3.5"--1" BL--Currie AntiRock-- CB-- Hella 500s-- Optimia Red top--- Durango 4x4 Front Bumper--- Hand Throttle
GMC2.5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMC2.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 11:53am
Looks good... needs more mud though.

Edited by GMC2.5
"Support our Troops"
wakeboarder 21 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarder 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 12:40pm
haha yea it does... thanks tho
98 TJ 5spd.

33 BFG M/T under
RE 3.5"--1" BL--Currie AntiRock-- CB-- Hella 500s-- Optimia Red top--- Durango 4x4 Front Bumper--- Hand Throttle
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2004 at 8:29am
Lookin' good! Those tires look really familiar, too....
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarder 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2004 at 8:45am
do you run TSLs also?
98 TJ 5spd.

33 BFG M/T under
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2004 at 9:19am

Not anymore. I left my 33x10.50x15s Swampers with Mo and Danny. Yours wouldn't happen to be them, would they?

~Sean

~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarder 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2004 at 10:48am
nope... mine are 12.50    i got them when i was still in ATL  one of my friends was datin a guy who worked at Godfather Customs so i got the pretty cheap
98 TJ 5spd.

33 BFG M/T under
Jeepgun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepgun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 4:18am
Sweet!
Doc Savage View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 5:27am

I'll make a recommendation on the swaybar disconnects. If you are real cheap, a simple ratchet with t-55 socket and a crescent wrench will unbolt the lower bolt real fast. Another option lots of folks do is to simply replace the lower bolts with a hitch pin.

Robert

Past President, Rocket City Rock Crawlers
Past President, Madison County CERT Association
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarder 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 5:37am
yeah i was planin on gettin some dico's but i need to get paid first...

i was also thinkin about the Currie Anti-Rock sway bar instead
98 TJ 5spd.

33 BFG M/T under
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 10:15am

I'm cheap. When I get my next jeep (hopefully end of the year) I'm just going with the hitch pin replacement. Save lots of dollars that way.

Robert

Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarder 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 2:30pm
and it works just like disco's?    if so then i might do that untill i can afford the Anti rock swaybar
98 TJ 5spd.

33 BFG M/T under
jeepinparothead View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepinparothead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 3:06pm
That works just as good.  Basically all my Tereflex ones are, is a hitch pin top and bottom and you remove the center part.  I got them free but I didn't run into those I was just going to do the hitch pin in mine. 
84 Grand Waggy Restored, then totaled by stupid College Kid
95 Grand Cherokee Orvis edition 4" lift 31's and stuff SOLD!!
jdubz View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 3:24pm

My homemade disco's:

"If You Can't Brake...Smile As You Go Under"
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarder 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 3:26pm

ok so what kind of hitch pin am i goin to be looking for?  or do yall know of a write up on this?

98 TJ 5spd.

33 BFG M/T under
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 7:45am

Showing you would be easier than describing, but basically the pin that has multiple holes in it. You will need a washer on either side and a key pin to hold it in place. Should run you about $4. I think the closest pin is actually a little large and a few minutes with sand paper gets it to fit. You could go a little smaller if you don't mind a little rattleing.

Robert

Edited by Doc Savage
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic