Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHINESE FREE CHRISTMAS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHINESE FREE CHRISTMAS
    Posted: 03 November 2011 at 5:47am

Christmas 2011 -- Birth of a New Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods --merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor.

This year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift-giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands.  Yes there is!

It's time to think outside the box, people.  Who says a gift needs to fit in a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?

Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut.  How about gift certificates from your local American hair salon or barber?

Gym membership?  It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed?  Small, American-owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down the Benjamines on a Chinese made flat-screen?  Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates.  And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half-dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint.  Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom?  Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day.

My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.

OK, you were looking for something more personal.  Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves.  They make jewelry, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.

Plan your holiday outings at local, owner-operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip.  And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at your hometown theater?

Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.

Honestly, people, do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand foreign-made lights for the house?  When you buy a five dollar string of light, about fifty cents stays in the community.  If you have those kinds of bucks to burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or delivery person and babysitter a nice BIG tip.

You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets and seeing our hard-earned wages go outside the country.   Christmas is now about caring about US, encouraging American small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care about our communities and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.

THIS is the new American Christmas tradition. Enjoy family get-togethers, church services, caroling, as in past Christmases but put more emphasis on the REASON FOR THE SEASON and less on material gifts.

This is a revolution of caring about each other, and isn't that what Christmas is about, plus remember Jesus.

CHINESE FREE CHRISTMAS

IF IT SAYS “MADE IN CHINA

DON’T BUY IT, PERIOD.

Edited by 50Willys - 03 November 2011 at 5:49am
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 5:56am
Wow!  Now that's something to think about!!!  Some really great ideas! 

Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 6:39am

What an awesome idea ! I'm all for it.

I bet my kids didn't get a single gift last year that was not made in china. I honestly looked at the packages in toys r us and wal mart last year and I couldn't find a single thing made in the USA. Everything was chinese. I'm sick of it.

Anyone got any ideas for american made children's gifts??? That's about all our Christmas spending consists of. We don't have the money to buy gifts for adults since we have two kids now.
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
83K10 View Drop Down
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 7:12am
I've become pretty conscious of the country of origin on most products. Some are very hard to avoid buying an imported product. Keep in mind there are a lot of American made tool companies still around. Who with a 4x4 habit couldn't use a few more tools? Some of them include Wright, Snap on, Mac (some still us made stuff), SK (they have overcome bankruptcy and are being made again), Proto (most hardline tools are still US), Craftsman (starting to go imported), Some Bosch powertools, Armstrong, Matco, Bondhus(allen keys and stuff), etc.  
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 7:15am
Nick-
I have heard that Little Tikes has many American-made products...

and I found this list on the internet http://www.toysmadeinamerica.com/  Problem is, it probably won't contain many of the electronic gadgets that kids love so much. 

Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
Alexia View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by mrs. jpwrangler mrs. jpwrangler wrote:

Nick-
I have heard that Little Tikes has many American-made products...

and I found this list on the internet http://www.toysmadeinamerica.com/  Problem is, it probably won't contain many of the electronic gadgets that kids love so much. 

Even then, the screws holding the toy together could be imported from China.
stout22 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 1:15am
It's getting hard to find anything made in the US - I just noticed this past week during Halloween the Perpermint Pattys were made in Mexico and the 3 Musketeers were made in CanadaDisapprove
stout22

76 Bronco

302, EFI, C4 Auto, 4.3 Atlas, 3.5" lift, 1" body, locked d44 and Locked 9"
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 1:39am
http://garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

There's a whole forum section to US made products.

Edited by 83K10 - 11 November 2011 at 1:40am
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 4:02am
M&M's and Twix are made in Tennessee. Engergizer Batteries (Tennesee), Duracel (Georgia), Snap-On Wrenches (near Bristol, TN), Sun-beam toaters and toaster ovens (TN), Visio Flat Screen TV's (Assembled in California at least with parts from all parts of the globe and some US made parts), Power-Wheels (many models made in GA), Snapper mowers 7 snow blowers (GA), MTD mowers and snow blowers (TN), Sam's Club and Walmart Cakes come from huge Bakieries in TN, GE stoves and refrigerators (AL, GA &  TN). Bosch appliances (TN). Electrolux refrigerators (SC), Huskavarna riding mowers (SC). Goodyear and BFG tires (AL).

These are just a few I can think of whose plants I call on. I know some of these are expensive on the gift side, but if you are thinking appliances or power equipment there are many ways to support families nearby by buying these products any time of the year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic