Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Tax Forms - Not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 Tax Forms - Not
    Posted: 09 October 2010 at 10:23am

I guess if you pay those blood sucker 30 or 40 k a year, its too much to ask that they mail you a 1040 with a set of instructions and a damn envelope.

Edited by 98TJ - 09 October 2010 at 10:24am
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 1:12pm
nobody but nobody does it on paper any more.  I hear soon that's going to be the only way they accept it.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 1:30pm
I do mine on paper and I don't think it would be too much to ask for them to send forms to the folks who used them last year without them having to call the irs and claim some kind of hardship or drive all over town to half the post offices hunting up forms.
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 1:45pm
Brad, you need to modernize.  I hafta do 3x income tax since Im doing mine/Kari's and my two daughters also.  I have been doing them on Turbo Tax for about 10 years now.  Last year was first time I have done Federal e-file since they are no longer charging for it.  The TurboTax program will do the state forms also, for like $10 more, and it sucks all the required info out of the Federal forms.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 3:29pm
Why should I pay turbo tax $50 for their software when I can fill out the forms and mail them in for the price of two postage stamps?
bkubisht View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkubisht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 12:48pm
I do mine using their fillable PDFs, print & snail mail.  It's my mini protest of their charging extra to eFile.  Either fed or state had free eFile this year, so I partially eFiled for the first time ever.
3RZ swapped 1985 Toyota 4Runner
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 12:39am
Because so many people file on-line the IRS isn't staffed with as many folks to review/input paper return data as they were in the past.  If just 20% of the folks that currently file on-line woudl mail paper this year we would crash the IRS.
stout22 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 8:38am
My in-laws don't have internet and probably never will.
They don't have a computer.
They live in a very small town, population ~2500.
My father-in-law had to drive over three different counties to find the forms he needed.
He said he's considering not paying this next year so that when they come after him maybe they will bring the forms he needs!
stout22

76 Bronco

302, EFI, C4 Auto, 4.3 Atlas, 3.5" lift, 1" body, locked d44 and Locked 9"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic