Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My "new" ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My "new" ride
    Posted: 11 August 2009 at 6:01am
Heres a few pics of my truggy thing.I am not done with the cage yet,I need to add more bracing and skin it.

84 Truggy,39.5 Rockers,MRW BL,Dual ultimate crawler,30 spline Longs,114 wb,Stretched front 4.5",,22re,5.29's.."BLUETOY's HERO"
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 7:06am
Here's some bigger pics. Wink

TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 7:27am
thanks nick
84 Truggy,39.5 Rockers,MRW BL,Dual ultimate crawler,30 spline Longs,114 wb,Stretched front 4.5",,22re,5.29's.."BLUETOY's HERO"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 7:50am
That is wicked!  Looks really good!
94Blazer327 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94Blazer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 8:27am
Clap for the bigger pics.....

Thumbs Up for the tube work......

My question is does it really have a Comp cam in it or did you put that on the dash for the 5 extra hp? LOL Just messin with ya - looks good
www.DamnLocals4x4.com
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 9:23am
The motor that was previously in it had a comp cam. but them motor suffered a destroyed cylinder wall from a Denso plug
94Blazer327 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94Blazer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 9:28am
What is the deal with toyotas and spark plugs coming apart. I had never heard of that crap till Nicks red truck done it. Do they not make plugs thats worth a crap for them things? Im not tring to be all smart arshe or anything just curious. I run delco, motorcraft and accel plugs in various things Ive owned and worked on and the only time I broke a plug was cause 'I' broke it with a socket cause the headers were too big.
www.DamnLocals4x4.com
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 9:33am
I know me and 1 other were running Denso when the ceramic broke off, but I don't know for sure if Nick was running them.But to answer you question, I believe it was just a bad batch or something or maybe we have so much compression no plug will hold it. Tongue

Edited by yotabj - 11 August 2009 at 9:33am
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 9:40am
Aparrently there was a bad run of plugs. Never heard of it before, and then several people had the same problem within several months of each other . My wife's uncle works at Autozone and he said it was a manufacturing defect. I know of 4 people who had the same thing happen. Ceramic broke off the insulator and got in the cylinder. 3 of them were Denso's and mine was an autolite. Angry
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
JGbronc View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGbronc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 5:37pm
You know, I was kinda disappointed that you cut it up. But I actually like it now. Wink

I think I'd still rather have a cab truck though.
'99 4Runner Limited 4WD
'76 Bronco Explorer 4WD
'76 Bronco Sport 4WD
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 2:34am
Originally posted by JGbronc JGbronc wrote:

You know, I was kinda disappointed that you cut it up. But I actually like it now. Wink

ok, i really don't know how to take that one
1toncrwlr View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1toncrwlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:45am
looks good man .. nice roof lines for sureClap
 how do you like your tires?

"3 of them were Denso's and mine was an autolite. Angry "

im suprised to hear this.. i only ran NGK in my yota and thought that was the only brand to run in rice burnersConfused?
EOR Racing
thanks to
Essentially Offroad
eXtreme Roc Rigs
Artec Industries
Screen Printing Lodge
Off-Road Solutions
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:59am
Thanks for the replies everyone.

As far as the tires go, I have only got to try them once and it was pretty dry that day.I liked them overall, except for the fact I had to run them at 4 and 2 lbs. of air to get the sidewalls the flex. I was burping air out of the rear tires over the course of the day even with the BL's.
JGbronc View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGbronc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by yotabj yotabj wrote:

Originally posted by JGbronc JGbronc wrote:

ok, i really don't know how to take that one

It was a compliment...with a little opinion. Smile
'99 4Runner Limited 4WD
'76 Bronco Explorer 4WD
'76 Bronco Sport 4WD
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 3:38pm
I think it looks kinda like a mad praying mantis from the front. Big smile
browning67 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browning67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 4:17pm
i have heard the pit bull are heavy as crap... this true?

nice yota! and those trails look like ALOT of fun!
98 2door xj on krawlers

-david
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 2:35am
nahh the 39.5 rockers are about 10lbs. light than the TSL 39.5
yotabj View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yotabj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 6:34am
Heres a  update of the current staus of my rig, decided to give the trailgear 4 link a shot
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 6:38am
what park was that at?
scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Lame Duck Past Pres, Fab Guy & Club Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 8:39am
Originally posted by 78CJ 78CJ wrote:

what park was that at?

that's no park  LOL
76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic