Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

40 vs. 45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40 vs. 45
    Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:36am
I am going to get a bigger caliber before the ban comes back.  I cant decide which one I want.  I know there are countless threads about 9mm-40 but not about 40-45.  The 40 is right in the middle of the 9mm and 45 so why is there not a big decision about these too sizes. 

I know that a lot of you guys got 40 M&P's last year when I got my 9mm M&P so I thought I would ask here.  Now I think I want a 40-45 glock.

Also, my M&P has a hard time feeding hollow points.  Has anyone had this problem with glocks?

What do you guys think caliber wise?

By the way I am not dead set on a glock just a favorite right now, this thread is about caliber.
74 CJ5
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:05am
One thing you might consider is if you have any buddies with the same caliber (whether it be .40 or .45).  Three of my buddies have .45 acp and together we are able to save a lot of money on ammo by buying in bulk.  I know this may not help your decision but it's something you can consider.
-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 9:17am
What 'ban" are you thinking will come back, that would make it so you can't own a handgun in .45 caliber?

I have a Taurus PT745c - works for me so far.
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
4RUNNERB12 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 9:26am
The previous ban lowered round capacity and jacked up the prices.  I want to get one that holds a lot of rounds and is cheaper than they will be in the spring or fall.
74 CJ5
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 9:40am
Look at Springfield XD's.  I have an XD45 and they come with 13-round clips.
4RUNNERB12 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 9:50am

XD's are great.  The glock 21 also holds 13.  Those are actually the two that I am looking at but Larry's never gets any used XD's.  I am trying to buy a used one so it will be cheaper.

74 CJ5
J/Cope79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J/Cope79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 12:05pm
Check out the FN Manufacturing  FNP45. Mine holds 15 rounds and is AMERICAN MADE in Columbia SC. Im not knocking the other weapons out there but I had rather put food on an Americans table than some other country... That and I personally know an employee at FN.....
PDKY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 12:29pm
I want the Taurus 45 myself...hope to get it soon.  Then an XD 9 after that:)
david K
-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 1:32pm
I'd sell mine...
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
PDKY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 1:38pm
Whatchya' got???  45 or 9
PDKY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 1:40pm
OK, re-read...the 745??  What do you want for it?  you can PM me if you'd like...HIGHLY interested.
-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 1:43pm
Taurus PT745 compact Millennium Pro

I'm probably going to replace it with an M&P 9mm or an XD in 9mm.
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic