Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Friday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Friday
    Posted: 18 November 2008 at 9:51am
I am looking for good deals on a tone of stuff like flat screen tv's, a computer, and ammo and pistols.  I figures others would be looking to so sounded like a good thread.  What did you find?

Also, the guy that works at Larry's on the board.  Are you guys doing anything, I am really wanting a 1911 or glock .40.
74 CJ5
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 11:03am
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
Doc Savage View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 12:11pm
Just saw where Dick's Sporting Goods has a flyer out with ammo buy one box get one 50% off (only for 11/28 I think).

Robert
Past President, Rocket City Rock Crawlers
Past President, Madison County CERT Association
bkubisht View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkubisht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 2:01pm
I think I'll buy a webcam to videophone with the inlaws / grandparents.

Oh, and mail-in-rebates suck.  These have become the best reason NOT to buy something.
3RZ swapped 1985 Toyota 4Runner
-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 2:51pm
www.bargainshare.com
www.bfads.net
www.black-friday.net
blackfriday.info
www.blackfridaydeals.net
www.dealcatcher.com
www.dealsofamerica.com
www.dealspl.us
www.dealtaker.com
www.gottadeal.com
www.cybermonday.com
www.theblackfriday.com
www.bluelight.com
www.blackfridayhome.com
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 12:32am
FYI, http://www.woot.com is having a woot-off today - already seen a $154 SHIPPED Vista PC on there, hard to beat deals like that...
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 1:31am
Everyone is buying up ammo.  I went to midway and they are sold out of almost all low-end .40S&W ammo.

If anyone knows of a deal of .40S&W please post up!
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 2:16am
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Everyone is buying up ammo.  I went to midway and they are sold out of almost all low-end .40S&W ammo.

or

Ive ordered from both with excellent service and the best prices I've seen.

96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by RL-RRC RL-RRC wrote:

Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

or

Ive ordered from both with excellent service and the best prices I've seen.

Both of these are excellent places to do business with - if you want to get royally screwed. 

Both have very negative reps over at Arfcom.  People on Arfcom buy ammo like you guys buy potato chips, they can't get enough.  They, and I, know who the good sellers are and these guys aren't it.

All ammo has gone through the roof since Nov. 4 - unless you voted for the SPOS (and even some those people are figuring it out - too late of course), it shouldn't be too hard to figure out why.

Wideners, Midway, Dick's with the half off, Larry's, Cabela's, or look at the last couple pages of this thread:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=313837&page=34

Good luck.

Al

Edited by Al - 20 November 2008 at 1:51pm
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 2:15pm
Al I didnt think this was Pirate and sometimes a little tact can go a long ways but I can only speak of my deals and about 8 others i know who have bought around 20,000 rds over the past 8 years and never had any problems, but I've never owned .223.

Edited by RL-RRC - 20 November 2008 at 3:16pm
96 Lexus lx450
02 Jeep WJ

Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 1:42am
I'm sorry Ryan, I didn't know you required your information to be sugar coated.  I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

I've bought over 20,000, rounds of 5.56 ammo from Eric (ammoman) so I've dealt with him plenty.  He used to be the "go to" guy for ammo over on Arfcom (like Danny's is here for 4x4 service and parts and Clanton's for muffler stuff).  Then he screwed a member over a Vietnam "bring back" SKS that turned out to be nothing more than your typical chinese sks.  He welched on the deal when he was called on it and essentially got Wenszeled by Arfcom.  That was about 5 years ago or so.

The royal screwing you get won't be over prices (although he'll probably screw you there too) nor over shipping (although he'll probably do it there too, despite it being "free"). 

No, the royal screwing you get will when he sends you the wrong ammo and then tells you to go fly a kite when you want a refund plus you'll have to pay for the shipping to get it back to him.  This only has to happen once or only having to hear about it about a dozen times or so before deciding never ever to send any business to him.  Oh, did I mention the screaming fits he throws if you complain, not answering your vm's or just deleting your e-mails?  Yea, real good customer service there.

CTD is doing nothing more than price gouging right now. 

There's lots of places to buy ammo from places that have good prices, good service and good reputations; that link I provided above has literally hundreds of ammo suppliers, most of them pretty good (Widener's, Cabela's, GA Arms etc.).  There's no need to risk your money with people like Eric.  However, until Jan. 20, it's still a free country.

And speaking of Pirate, there's an 8 page thread over there on ammo prices.  Like the Arfcom page, it starts in 2007, but the latest pages are Oct-Nov. '08.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned Alabama Ammo?  I used to buy from them all the time when they were owned by JD and his store just east of Trinity near the beltline.  He's since sold it and they're based out of Moulton now - Bob S oughtta know about them.

Edited by Al - 21 November 2008 at 1:53am
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 2:03am

No I dont require you to sugar coat things, but you basically called me an idiot for going through those dealers, so thats a bit offensive but i have a tough skin. Like I said I can only vouch for my dealing and I have had nothing but excellent service through them.

Lately I've only been buying bulk surplus .30-06 from CMP 400rds $96 and its great stuff.

What ever happened about Cabela's and there supporting trouts unlimited? If they still are I will continue to not do business with them.
96 Lexus lx450
02 Jeep WJ

-DRM- View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -DRM- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 2:20am
I'm kinda new to this - but it seems to me that there are about a MILLION suppliers online - and I have just been price-shopping between them for the best "to my door" prices.
DRM
www.4x4spot.com
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 6:17am
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic