Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T-Tech vs. Tranny Flush

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T-Tech vs. Tranny Flush
    Posted: 02 October 2007 at 1:23am

I thought I would post up my findings for people who dont know about this.  Texaco Express Lube has a machine called a T-Tech that they hook up to your tranny cooling lines.  This machine replaces all the tranny fluid "including torq convertor".  This is twice as much as just dropping the pan and refilling 4 pints.  Texaco is about the same price also.  Anyone had a bad experience with the T-Tech?  Because I'm going on sat. to get it done.

Just getting the word out, might help somebody.

74 CJ5
50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 6:06am
I had Cloverleaf in Decatur do the same thing to my Dodge truck.  They flushed out all of the stock trans fluid and I had them replace it with Amsoil synthetic.
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
4RUNNERB12 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 6:54am
how much did that cost?
74 CJ5
50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 7:46am
Bo, Sorry it so long to get back with you, I had to find the receipt, it was $140 labor plus a new trans filter and pan gasket.
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
4RUNNERB12 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 11:30am
thanks for looking for the cost, I am thinking about looking for a toyota to replace it, I spent some time at the forum Jake showed me and do not want to get into the problems associated with grand cherokee's.
74 CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic