Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did anyone make the June Jam?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did anyone make the June Jam?
    Posted: 14 June 2006 at 12:36pm
We went on Saturday and covered more ground than I ever have in a single day.  The dry conditions made for quick work of the trails.  The only obstacle I didn't hit was Cable Hill.  It was backed up with carnage when I went by there.  All the other 4/5 rated trails were a cake walk.  The dust was killer though.
Mods include heavy right foot and oversized cooler.
rolltidezuk View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolltidezuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 3:41pm
I had plans to go, but mandatory overtime kept me away.  JC
What can I say, I have a Samurai and Dodge tow rig.

<><
jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 3:45pm
i was there ridn with xtreme payne offroad new rig. red and silver jeep, 46s and dueces. he might chime in later. had a blast saturday and sunday. dust sucked azz tho
http://www.myspace.com/jrhall1985
88` toyo truggy- 36in tsl,dual cases, 22re,detroits, 4.88s, chromo 30-splines longfeilds,beadlox,half doors, narrowed,dovetailed adn bobbed, hydroassist,
RedRooster View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 4:06am
I saw the orange cab truck and the red Jeep.  I last saw the red Jeep on Cable Hill running warm.  I didn't stick around to see if he made it or not.  At the time, he had the high mark.
jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 12:32pm
yeah, we dried it out for da rest
88` toyo truggy- 36in tsl,dual cases, 22re,detroits, 4.88s, chromo 30-splines longfeilds,beadlox,half doors, narrowed,dovetailed adn bobbed, hydroassist,
jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 4:13pm
hey ~mo~, dont u have any pics?
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:04am

My video camera battery died right before Mo taco'd the Jeep frame.  That would have been a good one to rewind over and over and over again.

Phil Banks from the Offroad Alabama website was next to me with his camera.  You may check his site for pictures.

jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 4:23pm

thanx. yep mo jeep is fawked. good breakage tho. and the next one and the next one . . . .

xtremepayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtremepayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:32am

warm wasnt the word for what mine was running

HOT and then some by the time i decided just to winch the last 20ft

WE RIDE CAUSE YOU NEED A HERO
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:00am

You were giving it a good run.  Those claws were clawin.

You guys need to PM me next time you get a local run going...that is if you'll let a tiny set of 42's hang with you.

~Mo~ View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Mo~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 4:38pm

Yep... the CJ is done for...

JR no pics... didnt take my camera this time...

50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:55pm
Mo, is there any suspension pieces worth salvaging?  I still looking for a suspension to put under my Willys.
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
xtremepayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtremepayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 3:56pm

hard to believe that was the second obstacle that i had ever hit in that jeep

guess it didnt break so now its good to go

WE RIDE CAUSE YOU NEED A HERO
jr hall View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 4:22pm
now we got tunes!!!!
~Mo~ View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Mo~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:26am

Originally posted by 50Willys 50Willys wrote:

Mo, is there any suspension pieces worth salvaging?  I still looking for a suspension to put under my Willys.

Only suspension parts i have would be the 2.5" front CJ Springs, HD Shackles.

~Mo

50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 3:32pm
Thanks, I'll probably end up with some YJ springs because they're at least 2" wide and not that long that I would have to add a long extension to mount the front springs.
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic