Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tellico Work Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tellico Work Weekend
    Posted: 08 June 2004 at 1:53pm
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: vicepresident@sfwda.org
Subject: Tellico work weekend

From Brad Headrick <brad@fabtron.com>, Tellico Maintenance Coordinator:

We are planning a large work weekend at Tellico on June 26 & 27.

We need several groups that can work independently to take on some of the planned tasks.

Things we are going to do:

1. Re-sign the entire area - Would be nice project for one of our larger clubs to do as a project.

2. All bridges need to be shoveled clean, inspected and noted for repair or repair on spot. Normally consists of driving a spike, etc.

3. Need a crew of ATV's to do some work on trail 10. About a dozen people would be nice here to make the work a little easier.
(No Jeeps or trucks are allowed on trail 10!)

4. Close and sign all illegal trails on trail 10.

5. We will also have 2 excavators, backhoe, skid steer, and a dump truck scattered about the whole area. We need to have at least one chase vehicle, if not two, (preferably one be an ATV) to go with each piece of equipment to carry supplies and relay for help if needed.

6. We need a litter detail at each prime spot: Guard Rail, Heli Pad, Hard Rock and Lower 2. (Kids are great at this)

I am looking for about 50 people.

Please speak up and let me know at brad@fabtron.com if you plan on attending so I can get the work delegated before we arrive Saturday morning.

Keep track of your work time and travel time for your whole group and get them back to me after the work weekend so I can get them turned in.

Hope to see you there!

Brad Headrick
email: brad@fabtron.com
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association

Edited by alabamatoy
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 2:21am
I'd love to, but that is the first weekend of my annual training.
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Jeepgun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepgun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 3:04am
I also copied it to the Jeepaholics.com Land Use forum.
'99 2.5L TJ
2" TeraFlex lift
32x1150 BFG AT's
Shrockworks RPG's & misc. junk
http://www.jeepaholics.com/rides/view.asp?id=1787
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 12:05am
It looks like I will be a bachelor the weekend of this effort, so I am planning to go at this point.  Anyone else?

BRC Life Member
Doc Savage View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 5:28am
Unfortunately we plan on being in St. Louis for a family reunion before our trip to the United Convention.
Past President, Rocket City Rock Crawlers
Past President, Madison County CERT Association
Al View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2004 at 6:19am

I'm busy June 26 but can go Saturday PM and Sunday.

Al

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Big Red Big Red wrote:

I'm busy June 26 but can go Saturday PM and Sunday.
Scoutman may be going along, but I plan to go up there Friday, probably AM.  Be glad to have you show up Saturday evening whenever you can.

BRC Life Member
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 4:07am
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:23:20 -0400
To: "Stefan Roth" <stefan.roth@gtri.gatech.edu>, "Stefan Roth" <spr@modelo.off-road.com>, "Greg Griffith" <gregg@windrockoffroad.com>, "Greg Griffith" <Griffith@THETA-HQ.com>, "David Borum" <n24wheel@usit.net>, "David Borum" <david@windrockoffroad.com>, "Herndon Elliott" <helliott@knology.net>, "CLAY SHIVER" <cshiver@carolina.rr.com>, "Dennis Brock" <dbrock@bellsouth.net>, "Phil Davis" <phil@domegacorp.com>, "Brent Galloway" <4xforester@bellsouth.net>, "JOE SMITH" <joebensmith@mindspring.com>, "Adrienne Hall" <one_ton_cherokee@hotmail.com>
Subject: volunteers for 6-26 & 27

Listed below are the contact names and jobs that are to done.

Please plan on meeting at the intersection of 1 & 5 between 8:30 - 9:00 am Saturday morning to pick up tools and supplies.   If your a project coordinator you can meet your group at another location & time but you need to be here to pick up your supplies if you need them.

1.    Documentation            Adrienne Hall        one-ton-cherokee@hotmail.com
                                   She will be making sure this work day is recorded if  you end up with some good pictures, make sure she get a copy.

2.    Trail 10  (ATV Only)    Brent Galloway        onetonjeep@juno.com
                                               Gregg Griffith
                                      Atom Griffith

3.    Bridge Detail                JoeSmith            joebensmith@mindsping.com
                                               Clay Shiver and members of C.O.R.E.
                                       members of  (ET4WD)
4.    Sign Crew                    David Borrum        n24wheel@usit.net

Bryson Grymes    (ET4WD)
                                       Herndon Elliot        (Rocket City)
                                                   Brian Priedmore    (Plum Crazzed)
                                         Dennis Brock            (Plum Crazzed)
                                         Wayne & Joyce Kickles

They still needs to be a trash detail in the area, I know a few clubs are also going to be  helping with this .   All and any help is much appreciated,  just get me your time sheets in and try to drop the garbage of with a ranger.  (They like to see what we picked up).   They will probably be a ranger and the rough crossing of trail 5 for most of the day on Saturday working with the rock crew.  This would be a good drop point for any collected garbage.

If you are a Project Coordinator make sure you keep up with your groups time and get them turned into me at the end of the day.

If you have not already volunteered and want to contact the coordinator of the job you could be most useful at and lend a hand.

See you all on the 26th

Brad Headrick
Sign crew is cool, because that means we gotta basically run the entire ORV area!  Anyone with me?

Edited by alabamatoy

BRC Life Member
jdubz View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 4:15am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Sign crew is cool, because that means we gotta basically run the entire ORV area!  Anyone with me?

DOH!

"If You Can't Brake...Smile As You Go Under"
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 4:23am

~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2004 at 5:26am
I was checking my calender and I thought we had scheduled a work day & judge training at Danny's on Saturday 6/26. 
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2004 at 6:47am
Originally posted by 50Willys 50Willys wrote:

I was checking my calender and I thought we had scheduled a work day & judge training at Danny's on Saturday 6/26. 
We did.....its on the club calendar (see main website)....but I am going to be a batchelor that weekend, and am going to Tellico instead!

BRC Life Member
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2004 at 6:55am
I have it on good authority that Scott S. will not be in town that weekend either.
~Sean

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic