Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

22RE questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magichelmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22RE questions
    Posted: 31 December 2016 at 8:14am
Ok after letting this project sit for 2 years I'm back into this truck. I'm stumped looking for a home for this plug. I've have been tracing vacuum lines and found this plug under the upper intake. I also cannot find the wire for the oil pressure.   Any ideas?   Any Toyota gurus going to be in the Meridianville area?   I'd love to have another set of eyes. Drop me a line 6798602 :)

88 Toyota 4x4
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2016 at 10:03pm
I can't tell from the pics.  What year is it?  I have a factory service manual for 86 model, along with the factory wiring diagrams, so we should be able to look it up by the wire colors.  Nick or Randy can probably do some remote sensing and tell you what it is better than me.....
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2016 at 10:10pm
Looks like it went to some of the emissions junk that has been removed. Don't worry about it.
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
magichelmt View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magichelmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2017 at 8:04am
Sorry it is an 1988.    I was hoping it is emissions related. We shall see. I'm going to work on it again after church. I need to do a few things yet, but I'm making progress.
88 Toyota 4x4
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2017 at 8:41am
If you're still looking for the oil pressure sending unit connector, the ones I have look like the one at the link below.  I could not post the picture for some reason.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7253/7736187722_9e8b8d9031_z.jpg
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2017 at 8:44am
Oil pressure gauge sending unit is the brass colored round whatzit under the oil filter, metal post in the center of the sending unit is where the connector slips on.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/CB_shonuff/corona/ryans008.jpg

Top photo is for the SR5 model with a oil pressure gauge, not the idiot light.  The assembly for the idiot light is smaller, and has a blade type connector.  Idiot light sending unit pic follows:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/img_5347-jpg.161568/

Note if you are changing your instrument cluster from a standard (idiot lights for oil pressure and ammeter, no tach)  to SR5 (oil pressure gauge, ammeter, tachometer) and hook up the oil pressure gauge to the idiot light sender you can fry the gauge in the instrument cluster.

Edited by Toydawg - 01 January 2017 at 8:58am
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic