Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our new online store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club & Business Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our new online store
    Posted: 29 April 2016 at 4:40am
We have been working on some 4x4 products in our shop. We have gotten to the point of releasing some of them and created an online store. For right now we have been concentrating on toyota swap parts and armor. I have several jeep parts I'm working on as well. We're still doing custom fabrication and cnc plasma cutting as well. Just adding this to our lineup.

Here's the start to our store. Moto Farkles
Ace View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 5:04am
Site look great!
Where are the fire extinguisher mounts?
03 Rubicon,6.1 Hemi,37" BFG Krawlers, custom suspension by Griffin Specialty Industries
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 4:45am
I think they must be in this new piece of shop equipment somewhere.

CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 9:27am
Nice! Congrats, John!
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

gumataotaom View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumataotaom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 5:49pm
Looks like a ride at the space and rocket center. Where do you insert the quarters?
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 3:02am
I don't think you want to ride this thing with all the coolant and chips. Might be a bit uncomfortable. 
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 6:11am
I've been wanting full coverage flares (both width and length) but the existing aftermarket either cuts them short on length (curve in starts way too soon) or they are flimsy (basically folded a piece of sheet metal to match the OML of the factory flares). I basically want a tube frame covered with sheet metal that has the full coverage of the factory flare, which is quite the large area. Hanging that weight off the body requires reinforcement of the outer body panel (plus it helps keep the panel from buckling when hitting/rubbing trail objects).

Edited by BlackBird - 03 June 2016 at 6:22am
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2016 at 6:19am
The instructions for one company's flares has a lot of great pics to show the attachment. The reinforcement piece is also needed. Note that my enthusiasm to do this doesn't necessarily match funds approval from the domestic supervisor. When you are ready to tackle it I can start negotiations. https://www.nem-ind.com/media/qsolutions/instructions/files/Noto-Ody_Front_Flare_Install_Ins._-_JK_v.2.1_-_Final.pdf
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:35am
Kerry Lester (Ace on here) had some kind of flares on his Jeep that I was able to stand on.  They were made of metal and appeared to be painted with bedliner.  They were probably way bigger than what you need since his was covering big tires and full-width axles, but the idea would be the same.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
83K10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83K10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2016 at 3:07am
Kerry's flares are made from a combination of 1/8" plate and 16 ga. I cut the front mounts on my CNC plasma table. Kerry built the rest out of 16 ga. Kinda had to go custom to have some tire coverage with full width 60s and 40s.

Michael,
When your ready, come see me. This is something I'd like to at least look very closely at pursuing at some point in the future.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic