Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Prospective Member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Prospective Member
    Posted: 14 July 2014 at 9:13am
Greetings!

My name is Michael and wanted to use my new forum credentials to introduce myself online and tie into the introduction I made at the club meeting this month. I moved to the Huntsville area about a year and a half ago from the Space Coast of Florida and am now satisfying the itch to return to off roading after tiring of the swampiness down south.  I bought a one year old used black 2013 JKUR a few months ago and have been to hale mountain once and stoney lonesome twice with it.  Just a few mods so far with a 2.5" lift, rock sliders, front bumper, and 10k winch.  I did conquer "Who's your daddy" over the holiday weekend recently, with the badge of honor on its way.  I'm looking forward to participating in the club and events with others that enjoy the outdoors.  Disaster response is also another area I am interested in, and am already Madison County CERT trained but without a team.  I've volunteered a couple times with cleanup in recent months and look forward to helping out more.
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
Mike_LaMar View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_LaMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 2:51pm
Welcome aboard! I also have a JKUR but it's in red. 4" Franken lift and 37 Tokyo mt's.

See you around,
Mike
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 4" Superlift Suspension, 37" Toyo MTs

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 6:37am
Welcome, Michael!
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 6:46am
Michael, we have a club night ride at Hale on 16 August that you are welcome to come to.

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:44am
Thanks, I'll have to consider it.  How do the night rides fair for jeeps without supplemental lighting (I haven't reached that point, just have Silverstar Ultra headlights.  Foglights are gone.)?  I did Hale once and didn't really care for how it was rock nearly all the time on the the main trail.  I felt like I needed more skid plates or something.  I tend to enjoy places with a easy, smooth dirt main trail and the side trails be of various conditions, like Stoney Lonesome.  
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
highspeed View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 2:39am
I went on the last night ride  and didn't have anything more than headlights , so  you will be just fine without rock lights and such. There are plenty of people to help you out along the way.
01 XJ- long arm, locked, armored , winched
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic