Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben81yota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Guy
    Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:10am
I am from mobile alabama and have wheeled with lockitupoffroad for a few years now. Ive been at UAH for 2 years, and have been leaving my rig down south. Im looking to possibly bring it up here and wheel with this group. 

How often do yall wheel, and how far from Huntsville do yall usually go? I wont have access to a trailer when i get it up here, and long distance drives in a rig are no fun, so thats why im asking.

I have a 83 toyota pickup (2wd originally)
SAS with toyota rear springs in the front, and chevy 54 inch springs in the rear.
spring mounts in the rear were moved from stock to re center the wheels
locked front and rear (longfield shafts in the front will be the next big upgrade)
12" travel shocks front and rear
power steering with highsteer/cross over 
dual transmissions (not dual x-case)
I have rebuilt the motor
36" TSL's

Im sure i have forgotten some little things but thats bassically my rig. I will post a picture when i figure out how.
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 6:35am
Welcome!

We try to have an organized club ride monthly, but there are folks riding somewhere just about every weekend. There are a number of fairly local trails we frequent, as well as a few parks that are within an hour or so's drive. Come to a meeting, and see what you think. We meet the first Thursday of every month at Newk's on University. Meeting starts at 6p.m., but a lot of folks show up at 5:30 to eat.

~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

ben81yota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben81yota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 8:49am
That sounds great, ill come to the first meeting that i can. I know i will be out of town for the meeting next month. 
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 4:03am
We look forward to meeting you!
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

ben81yota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben81yota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 11:55am
Well, i got her up here from mobile. It took me about 7 hours but it was worth it. I look forward to comming to yalls next meeting. If anybody is going wheeling on the weekends Id like to join in.

alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 12:01pm
Oooh, a first-gen!  I love the looks of those better than any of the Toy pickups.  Good job tying it down.  I have seen some real booty-fab tiedown jobs over the years, and that does not look like one!
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
ben81yota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben81yota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 12:08pm
I appreciate it. I had two straps around the rear axle, one in the front, plus a chain and binder on the front. I dont think it was going anywhere. 
magichelmt View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magichelmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 12:39pm
Looks good man.   I just started acquiring stuff do to a SAS on my 1988 pickup.   Hopefully I can do my SAS when the spring comes around.   Hope to see you at a meeting soon. 
88 Toyota 4x4
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 2:38pm
Glad you could make it to the meeting.  Nice looking Toy.  Surprisingly, none of our main yota group was in attendance but stick around and you will meet them soon enough.

Hope to see you on the trails. Big smile
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Drake Drake wrote:

Surprisingly, none of our main yota group was in attendance

Cry I guess that makes me....
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
ben81yota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben81yota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 9:40am
It was great getting to meet some of yall. Hopefully after a couple rides ill be able to put some faces with names. Ill be keeping a check on the board to see if anybody posts about a ride. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Originally posted by Drake Drake wrote:

Surprisingly, none of our main yota group was in attendance

Cry I guess that makes me....

Nobody mentions the head coach when they name a good football team. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic