Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Public and OHV Park Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanna race? HSV Dragway Friday 6/14 - Event Date: 14 June 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRTOffroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Wanna race? HSV Dragway Friday 6/14
    Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:53am

Anyone interested in a little dragracing Firday night?  Case and I will be at Huntsville Dragway with 4580 seeing what she'll run with the new engine.

For you diesel guys, they're having a "Fast Street Car Shoot Out" for Diesel Trucks.

Track is open from 6-11pm.  I plan to get there about 6:30.  If you haven't been, here's directions and info: http://huntsvilledragway.com/ 
[URL=]JRTOffroad[/URL]

ULTRA4 Racer #4580 - Thanks to Extreme Rock Rigs (XRR), Nitro Gear, BFGoodrich, Tom Woods, Ruff Stuff, FOA, Fusion Works Fab!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:36am
It's cheap family fun. Doubt I'll make it, but have fun. Used to drag race my old CJ 5.
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:55am

Since that's just down the road from my house, you may see me and Kami there to watch to slay all the "street" rods!

~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

JRTOffroad View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRTOffroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 8:38am
Cool.  It's diesel night, you should bring your dodge!  I might run the ford once just to see how it does.
[URL=]JRTOffroad[/URL]

ULTRA4 Racer #4580 - Thanks to Extreme Rock Rigs (XRR), Nitro Gear, BFGoodrich, Tom Woods, Ruff Stuff, FOA, Fusion Works Fab!
Alexia View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 5:26pm
I can not find it on their web site if it is there.  What rules are there?  Helmets required, etcetera?  ...Mufflers required?
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:11pm
I believe mufflers are required but i dont think cage or helmets are required unless you run 7 or below. Has been several years since I ran anything though
Mike
JRTOffroad View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRTOffroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 4:38am

HSV dragway is VERY relaxed when it comes to rules.  Ive never been through any kind of tech inspection.  Mufflers may be required, but based on how loud most of the cars are I sure wouldn't worry about it.  Like Tex said, helmet is only required if you run 7's or faster and if you run that fast you're welcome to borrow one of mine. 

[URL=]JRTOffroad[/URL]

Case View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member
Have you seen my 9/16" socket?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 7:22am
Originally posted by JRTOffroad JRTOffroad wrote:

HSV dragway is VERY relaxed when it comes to rules.  Ive never been through any kind of tech inspection.  Mufflers may be required, but based on how loud most of the cars are I sure wouldn't worry about it.  Like Tex said, helmet is only required if you run 7's or faster and if you run that fast you're welcome to borrow one of mine. 

DeadDeadDeadDeadDead
06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited all torn apart.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic